GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercharged 535(M30)

Default Supercharged 535(M30)

I'm doing some research into supercharging my 535 and was wondering if any one else has already done it and if they could share there experiances/knowledge ?

I havn't found any where that do a complete bolt on kit so at the moment i'm looking at ordering the componant's and fabricating all the brackets and tubing thats required.

I've found a place in the UK that sells Rotrex superchargers and i have compiled the following shopping list.

£ 1660 Rotrex sp30/105 super charger(from http://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk/)
    £ 60 Oil cooler for the super charger
    £ 70 MAP sensor
    £ 60 Various samco hoses(elbow's etc)
    £ 20 Metal pipe(for connecting in between intercooler and TB)
    £ 450 (EST)Custom inter cooler(Any one know of a good place to go for this in the UK ?)
    £ 25 idler roller for drive belt
    £ 75 tensioning roller for drive belt
    £ 50 LARGE cone air filter
    £ 180 Uprated injectors
    £ 200 Remap ECU

£ 3348 Inc vat

As you can see its not cheap but hope fully the gain's will be worth the out lay.

Trouble is i've never owned a supercharged/turbo charged car so my knowledge on force inducion is a bit patchy as you can see by the following question's.

How much gains could i expect from say 6 lbs of boost ?(The super charger is supposed to be able to produce a max of 1.25 bar of boost)

How much boost can my engine take if i fit an intercooler with standard compression ratio(9.0:1 ? ) ?

Bmp have a thicker than standard head gasket that's aproximatly 0.25 mm thicker.Whould this lower the compression much ?

This is what i've done to my car so far.It's up to around 250 bhp (estimated @ the fly wheel)

Ported/flowed head with matched inlet manifold
    Shrick cam
    Fully re-mapperble stand alone ECU with no AFM
    Scorpion exhaust(Mainly for the noise rather than an power gains)
    No kat

Thank's for your time,

Andrew

Unregistered Guest

Default go to www.autotrader.com there is a bmw 535i turbo for sale $14k but its in usa

type 90024 as a zip code and 100 mile radious and u can see, maybe he will help u, maybe also if u want to buy. It has like 280horsepower

robbo uk had a supercharged 535i until it became impractical,,,,might wanna pm him, or ask him in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by 535ise
    I'm doing some research into supercharging my 535 and was wondering if any one else has already done it and if they could share there experiances/knowledge ?

I havn't found any where that do a complete bolt on kit so at the moment i'm looking at ordering the componant's and fabricating all the brackets and tubing thats required.

I've found a place in the UK that sells Rotrex superchargers and i have compiled the following shopping list.

£ 70 MAP sensor
    £ 450 (EST)Custom inter cooler(Any one know of a good place to go for this in the UK ?)
    £ 180 Uprated injectors
    £ 200 Remap ECU

£ 3348 Inc vat

As you can see its not cheap but hope fully the gain's will be worth the out lay.

Trouble is i've never owned a supercharged/turbo charged car so my knowledge on force inducion is a bit patchy as you can see by the following question's.

How much gains could i expect from say 6 lbs of boost ?(The super charger is supposed to be able to produce a max of 1.25 bar of boost)

How much boost can my engine take if i fit an intercooler with standard compression ratio(9.0:1 ? ) ?

Bmp have a thicker than standard head gasket that's aproximatly 0.25 mm thicker.Whould this lower the compression much ?

This is what i've done to my car so far.It's up to around 250 bhp (estimated @ the fly wheel)

Shrick cam
    No kat

Thank's for your time,

Andrew
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Has anyone tried NO2 instead of turbo or supercharging? Just curious.

I know eh. Come on winfred, with all your talk about having all the M30 paperweights you want, why don't you NOS some beater 535? If you blow it up, big fing deal!

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB

Unregistered Guest

Default try the following link for a full bolt on kit

I know it is in Australia, but a full bolt on kit with projected power increases etc is available through the following link:

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_bmw.htm

Cheers from Oz

David Bushby
    95 Motorsport 540i/6
    Limited Edition #19 of 70

Default N20 is a WORLD cheaper and IS reliable/safe...

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    We've all hear this before: "Follow the manufacturers instructions/recommendations.....".
    Do what they say and your engine will lead a LONG life breathing giggle-gas.

It's when people start cutting corners and re-engineering things that BAD things happen to GOOD engines.

Ah yes, I had one of those.

The main thing to consider is, how old is your car, how many miles has it done and "do ya feel lucky punk"?

The thing is I managed to (in the space of 18 months) blow the head gasket, f*uk the guibo, and trash a gearbox, plus other sundry bits and pieces (I can't remember it all) which came to about £4500 in repairs + Jetex exhaust and HKS ram kit etc. This was on a 1990 535Se with 130000 miles when I got it.

I paid £2500 for it so it stood me £7k. I got no interest at all when I tried to sell it and finally part exed it, getting £1500 against a Rover (Best deal I could find!). So I've lost £5500.

So, how about it, do ya feel lucky?

£ 70 MAP sensor
    £ 180 Uprated injectors
    £ 200 Remap ECU

£ 3348 Inc vat

Shrick cam
    No kat

Thank's for your time,

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo
    Ah yes, I had one of those.

The main thing to consider is, how old is your car, how many miles has it done and "do ya feel lucky punk"?

The thing is I managed to (in the space of 18 months) blow the head gasket, f*uk the guibo, and trash a gearbox, plus other sundry bits and pieces (I can't remember it all) which came to about £4500 in repairs + Jetex exhaust and HKS ram kit etc. This was on a 1990 535Se with 130000 miles when I got it.

I paid £2500 for it so it stood me £7k. I got no interest at all when I tried to sell it and finally part exed it, getting £1500 against a Rover (Best deal I could find!). So I've lost £5500.

So, how about it, do ya feel lucky?
    Thank's for all the feed back !

Robbo,do you know how much boost it was running,how much bhp was it producing and was it inter cooled or charge cooled ?

I thought about the gear box not being upto the job and was wondering if the 5sp M5 gear box whould fit and be able to take more power than the standard 5sp ?

Thank's again,

Andrew

It was on 1/2 bar (7psi?) had no intercooling and dinoed @ 302bhp (crank) before I fitted the Jetex and HKS. Dunno if the M5 box will fit.

Did you see the news footage of the scram jet flight? My car looked just like that when the head gasket blew.............

Thank's for all the feed back !

Robbo,do you know how much boost it was running,how much bhp was it producing and was it inter cooled or charge cooled ?

I thought about the gear box not being upto the job and was wondering if the 5sp M5 gear box whould fit and be able to take more power than the standard 5sp ?

Thank's again,

Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast