GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My E34 540

lol... the pads are new, the car has been on a lot outside for a while and we had Historicly heavy rains recently,the rotors are within spec i'm told but i'll look into their condition when i eventually get it into the BMW dealership for the State Safety Inspection next week.
    Last edited by Jehu; 05-27-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Here are a few pics of my new ride... Can anyone positively identify those wheels? Are they Rondel 58s or are they Genuine BMW wheels....?

Note** EMBEDDED MUSIC**
    http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/
    What suspension setup do you have on this car?

deleted air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by Rustam
    What suspension setup do you have on this car?
    Strange as it may seem i didn't check it myself. The prepurchace inspection shop merely told me the front struts were "weak" but it does look lowered doesn't it ?Aside from the latteral shimmy the road grippage is firm and while I wouldn't say its hard neccesarily, it wasn't pillowy over potholes by anymeans .I'd say it was stiff though not jarring over rough roads. I'll make a note of the suspension components when i have it in the shop for the State Safety Inspection and post it. What do you think of these steering wheels?I'm not sure if there's a Law about removing a wheel with an airbag but i'd like something like this..

Last edited by Jehu; 05-28-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott540
    Those are definetly Rondell 58's and there's no reason they shouldn't be on your car

I heard back from Rondnell that the E34 can use only the 8 1/2" in the front.The dealer from whom i bought the4 car still has all the receipts from the POs and i'm not even certain the receipt for the Wheels is among them.Are the dimentions of these wheels stamped anywhere on the wheel that can be seen with out taking the tire off? Rondell says the 17" x10" in the rear and 17"x 8 1/2" in the front will work on the E34 with center rings but the 8" only works on the 3 series.

Updated pix with the new Plate , fresh back from the BMW Dealership , Tulley in Nashua,NH for the State Safety Inspection. The word is the right rear wheel is bent and the place i bought it said they'd pay half the $80.00 to true it. It also had a cracked foglamp lense,I ordered the whole lamp at $180.00 and the left front marker light reflector was the wrong color so i ordered one of those, $23.00.The main belt had cracks and i have a Conti belt in the trunk that is the correct part number but the Dealership tried to suggest i use OEM. Is there anything wrong with a Conti Belt? Also i found the wheels are 17x8 1/2 in the front which is compatible so i need Hubcentric rings. Who makes them for Rondell wheels, Rondell?They said all my front end components are tight so my 50 mph shimmy is probably the bent rear wheel or , they actually said "rusty rotors"... wish me luck. If i don't return it in the next few days it mine for the foreseeable future..
    Last edited by Jehu; 06-05-2006 at 06:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12