GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there rules here about posting GBs elsewhere?

Default Are there rules here about posting GBs elsewhere?

I don't want to get in trouble or make anyone mad, but another forum has a GB going for Xtec HID kits for $265 shipped, and $250 if there are 11+ people.
    Seems like a pretty good deal and I thought I would share it, but only if it's okay to do so.
    I won't post who it is, or what forum unless I get an okay, but here's what they are offering:

XTEC HID kit. 35W

2 Xenon-Charged Bulbs (temp of your choice)
    2 HID Ballasts
    2 "Plug-and-Play" Wiring Harnesses & Connectors
    Heavy Duty Double-Sided tape for mounting ballasts
    Last edited by ElSupremo; 05-26-2006 at 08:58 AM.

i think you meant 250 for 11+ people...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenOne
    i think you meant 250 for 11+ people...
    lol, good catch, thanks.

I don't want to step on any toes, but I can get us a GB for Prolumen HID's. It's just for the group at this site and the prices are VERY good. I figure it's another product option for HID's. Complete plug and play which is very nice for those adding Euro lights since you'll have one less connection to fab up. I'll post prices if it's ok with ElSupremo.
    -Seth- Vancouver, WA

535im is gone...

I am up for a GB on HID kit. But it better be a quality kit w/ Phillips components.

its sounds cool, what is a GB?

Group Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by s_ribbens
    I don't want to step on any toes, but I can get us a GB for Prolumen HID's. It's just for the group at this site and the prices are VERY good. I figure it's another product option for HID's. Complete plug and play which is very nice for those adding Euro lights since you'll have one less connection to fab up. I'll post prices if it's ok with ElSupremo.
    It's not a problem with me. I know people are usually interested in HIDs and thought this sounded like a decent price. If you can get them cheaper, or people want a different kit, that's not a problem.
    Personally I won't buy anything that comes through Umnitza anymore, not after all that they have been doing to customers lately. I don't know what to think of a vendor that insists ZKW makes Hella headlights even after Hella has directly refuted them.

no, gang bang
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixdacat
    Group Buy?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by ElSupremo
    It's not a problem with me. I know people are usually interested in HIDs and thought this sounded like a decent price. If you can get them cheaper, or people want a different kit, that's not a problem.
    Personally I won't buy anything that comes through Umnitza anymore, not after all that they have been doing to customers lately. I don't know what to think of a vendor that insists ZKW makes Hella headlights even after Hella has directly refuted them.
    Maybe they meant ZKW, Hella and Bosch HID housing are ALL made to BMW OEM specifications and all are equal in quality . From what I've read these are all fine units, it's the Asian housings which can be of lower quality.

Rather than use these non-DOT approved and illegal HID setups, and maybe not pass your state vehicle inspection. I would get the Euro projector (Angel eye's) Housings and use Euro Osram Silverstar 55 watt H-1 bulbs( http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ ) . This setup will almost equal a 35 watt HID lighting conversion.
    The USA Sylvania Silverstar's are inferior compared to the Osram units. Even though Osram owns Sylvania.
    Also consider adding headlight and foglight relays, which will get full and constant voltage to the bulbs, they also have the added benifeit of less wear an tear on the headlight switches.
    Don't even think of adding higher wattage bulbs without relays. Which IMO should not be used anyway for a varity of reasons.
    1991 525i M50 5 Sp.
    N.California

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast