GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What mileage do you get from your tyres?

Default What mileage do you get from your tyres?

ive noticed the outer edges of my front tyres are worn quite badly, no problems with suspension and correct pressures too. must be enthusiastic driving!! and maybe heavy diesel engine? soft compound? rears are fine.

what mileage do you get from yours?
    Iain

1993 BMW 525 TDS SE 150K 2.5 Turbo Diesel, performance air filter, lowered sports suspension 30mm, full stainless decat exhaust, boot-lid spoiler, OBC retrofit, E60 Trapezoid alloys

Default not enough!!!

i bought the 1995 540i/a with dunlop sp sport 5000's, i have the receipt & they only lasted about 11k miles.i also have dunlop sp sport a2's on my 1987 325e & they only lasted about 10k miles. wearing the edges of is signs of under inflation. different tires require different inflation, there is to many variables when it comes to tire inflation. i am sure my poor tire milage is due to my enthusiastic driving habits.
    tim s.
    1995 540i/a
    1987 325e

Default i didn't want to admit it.....

but it looks like my dunlop sp sport2's are only gonna get 20k miles out of them, despite being rotated every 4k miles.....i didn't buy these initially (PO did) but im certainly not going to buy them again...they handle nicely though. i'd like something "tame" like goodyear regatta 2's if they made them in 225 60 15, those got more than 65k miles on my mother's ford taurus ( i know its not a similar situation). i don't drive that rough on these tires either.

Quote Originally Posted by tim s
    i bought the 1995 540i/a with dunlop sp sport 5000's, i have the receipt & they only lasted about 11k miles.i also have dunlop sp sport a2's on my 1987 325e & they only lasted about 10k miles. wearing the edges of is signs of under inflation. different tires require different inflation, there is to many variables when it comes to tire inflation. i am sure my poor tire milage is due to my enthusiastic driving habits.
    tim s.
    1995 540i/a
    1987 325e
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

I have about 45k on my michelin mxv's right now, and they show no signs of giving up anytime soon.
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    but it looks like my dunlop sp sport2's are only gonna get 20k miles out of them, despite being rotated every 4k miles.....i didn't buy these initially (PO did) but im certainly not going to buy them again...they handle nicely though. i'd like something "tame" like goodyear regatta 2's if they made them in 225 60 15, those got more than 65k miles on my mother's ford taurus ( i know its not a similar situation). i don't drive that rough on these tires either.
    I can confirm that I only got 20K on Dunlop SP A2's on 1995 BMW 525 driven very passively....

Scott

Unregistered00 Guest

I recommend Toyo 800 Ultra tires... they have 700 UTQG treadwear rating which is one of the highest ratings in the world.

we have them on our audi a6. They are ultra quiet and provide superb handling. So far 20K miles on them, and if you looked at them, you would say they are brand new. i am definitely getting some for my 525. only downside is that they are T speed rated... but oh well

Default I replaced old Toyo 800s with BridgestoneTuranza tires

The Toyos were on the car when I purchased it. When I took them off, they had about 40,000 miles and been on the car for 4 years and were very thin. The rubber was getting hard and starting to crack. I think 4 years for tires is about the end of their practical life. Even thern, they seemed very quiet and fuel effecient.

My Brifgestone Turanza's are H rated and are larger (222/60/15 vs 105/65/15) than the Toyos. They are a bit noisier than the Toyos with much superior wet weather and snow traction. handling is very good. However, I think my fuel mileage dropped about one mile per gallon with the truanza

Just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered00
    I recommend Toyo 800 Ultra tires... they have 700 UTQG treadwear rating which is one of the highest ratings in the world.

we have them on our audi a6. They are ultra quiet and provide superb handling. So far 20K miles on them, and if you looked at them, you would say they are brand new. i am definitely getting some for my 525. only downside is that they are T speed rated... but oh well
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default Dunlop Sport A2's...

I have/had 2 sets... one set on my '91 525... got about 15k on them.... probably get another 25k out of them. 2nd set on a 2000 maxima I just traded in on a Tahoe... had 24k on them and they had quite a bit of tread left of them.

I know quite a few people had problems with them cupping on the sides. I have had great luck with both sets.... nice smooth, quiet ride... and they grip pretty well.
    BigezVol

1991 525i, 106k, EAT