GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e34 530i (94) - Opinions Please

Default e34 530i (94) - Opinions Please

Hey, this is my first post on this site so hello to everybody. I have had a 94 530i for quite some time now, im in the process of replacing head gaskets and anything else i may find in the process. The car also needs alot of suspension work, body work including front and rear bumper covers, and numerous other parts including a radiator, and water pump. The car was stolen and crashed. This car is a serious part of me, and i cant bring myself to let it go. However i found another 94 530i in impecable condition excluding the rear end damge it suffered, and i am debating whether or not to buy it and use my current car as a donor for the parts needed. My original plans for my car was to install k&n suspension, chip it, install an mtech e39 bumper kit, give it a paint job (black) install dinan free flow exaust, upgrade to larger calipers, drilled/slotted rotors, and of course eyes. but since this is a seriosuly expensive endevour on its own i am a bit short because of all of the workt that needs to be done just to get the car running. My dilema is in the body work that needs to be done ont he car that im looking at buying http://my.autorevo.com/revo/viewers/...229&PID=736453
    Imnot sure if the trunk is smashed in (not the trunk door) but inthe event that it is, would it be worth buying? the drivers side quarter panel appears to be fixable rather easily especially since i have a donor (if it comes down to wleding etc.) and the seller toldme the frame is not bent which is a huge plus. im getting an incredible deal ont he car under 2grand. what are some opinions on anything or everything...also my plans are to convert this thing to manual (my current would be a donor (brand new hoses and clutch, tranny mounts, and various other clutch parts) any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

The name of the place that is selling this car wouldn't happen to be "Bimmer Classics" would it??

yes it is, why? bad?

I would double check for yourself on the whole 'the frame is not bent' thing...

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

what is the best way to make sure it is not bent? i am also 600 miles away from the car. so on that note would you recomend passing on this deal ...1500$ maybe lower depending on other people flaking out. also yes bimmer classics near atlanta...they have it listed on ebay as well. anythign wrong with them?

I have heard MANY bad stories about Bimmer Classics, mostly that they are crooks that lie about their cars. Here's a recent example of their shadiness that's about 1 week old.

Edit, I can't find the actual thread right now, but they basically lied and said the car had a new engine when it really didin't. When I find it, I'll post it in this thread.

just looking at it Id say the frame is trashed.

Why do you need head gaskets?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

have them take some more and better pictures, maybe some without the rear end in its own freakin shadow. also tell em to jack it up and snap some from underneath.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

Default Ouch!

That looks like a lot of damage.

The only way I'd touch that is if I had donor e34 to "clip" and weld the rear back together.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

when they stole the car and crashed it the people continued to drive the car with a huge hole in the radiator......i also drove it home from the lot it was at (less than a mile) and i had another cylinder blow on the drive.blitzkreig i plan on using my current 530 as a donor....for everything. body, all neccesary parts for auto-manual conversion, anything else it needs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast