GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What's this?

Default What's this?

I found this behind the glovebox of my car (in Britain - so it's on the left hand side of the car).

The photo isn't too good but it looked like some kind of sensor, though its connector (2 pins) was dangling and wasn't connected to anything.

The thing is about 4 inches in diameter and about an inch and a half thick, with concentric circles on the front (as if to allow air into it - could it be some sort of sensor for the heating or AC systems)?

Thanks for any ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    The photo isn't too good but it looked like some kind of sensor, though its connector (2 pins) was dangling and wasn't connected to anything.
    My money would be on it being the remains of an old carphone kit or similar.

It certainly doesn't look like a BMW part...

--Chris
    --Chris
    Original, poetic, acoustic music: http://www.myspace.com/stryngs

Its BMW alright..what do you reckon goes "boing boing"everytime you start the car with your seatbelt un done??
    Its fitted to my car as well..its the audible warning device..

a) In the UK I don't believe we have an audible seatbelt warning by default(neither of my E34's has/had)

b) The chime that the OBC uses for all the other "bongs" (washer fluid low, enter start code, bulb out, oil low, etc) is under the driver's side of the dashboard near the base of the steering column. Does the seatbelt warning, where fitted, use it's own chime then?
    --Chris
    Original, poetic, acoustic music: http://www.myspace.com/stryngs

doesnt look genuine to me, id have thought the bmw seatbelt warning would use the standard OBC Gong, but then i dont have the seat belt warning so i cant confirm that
    If its bmw it would have a part number on it somewhere

almost looks like a motion sensor that operates off of air movement. the car have an aftermarket alarm installed?

Would be very easy to idendify, if you would have told us what is written on the sticker. Or just remove it and look at the type and other info written on the back side.

To me the logo on the sticker looks like "cobra" which at least in Oz was/is a popular aftermarket car alarm company.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    To me the logo on the sticker looks like "cobra" which at least in Oz was/is a popular aftermarket car alarm company.
    Definately the Cobra car alarm logo. It's part of an after market alarm system. Well spotted Bo.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia