GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another loss of a 5er :(

Default Another loss of a 5er :(

Hey guys,
    Today another 5 was wrecked. The black e34 in my sig pic.
    Haven't had it for very long, but put LOTS of money into it. The tire decided to blow out on the freeway and I somehow managed to keep the car from hitting the center divide. Although its considered an unsafe place, I wasn't in a lane and it's where the car wanted to go... it was so squirly after the blow out, I didn't have much of a choice as to where I wanted to "safely" stop the car. 15 - 30 seconds later, I was rear ended by a car who was traveling at freeway speeds. They knicked the right rear corner and body damage was somewhat minimal considering the circumstances, but they also hit the rim which was bent and the car has some serious camber and toe issues now. A normal car drives straight like this | and now this one drives straight like this / if you can imagine what I'm talking about. The police officer said on the loudspeaker that my car looked like a crab on the freeway.

Everybody was ok, untouched, no scratches, nothing. Have a sore back, but I'm sure it's just stress. The car did its job and saved me and my passenger (mother - she had the day off and I was taking her to lunch) and it turned on it's hazard lights, etc. Excellent safety. I will be buying another. I'm not sure if they are going to total it yet, but several body shops have said that when the suspension of an older rwd car gets tweaked, it's usually expensive and it can cause costly damages down the road. I can't get out my JL subs, PPI amp, Clarion deck, etc, etc. I hope I don't lose EVERYTHING on the car.

Like the police officer said, though, we're all safe and thats what matters. Thank you BMW.

I have some crap cam phone pictures that I can't get onto my computer for some odd reason, but if I can I will post them.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Saw your car at bimmerfest. So sorry to hear about its demise. Really glad you are ok.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Really sorry to hear this. Is that Rob's old car btw?

Sorry to hear that man...
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Sorry for your loss.... WTF... OMG... we're dropping like flies.... makes me wanna leave the 5er at home and bike or walk or make the GF drive...
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

If the car is totalled, you can get the stereo equipment back. All you need to do is tell the insurance company that you will need to be reimbursed for the stereo in the settlement cost. I did that with my last car when it was totalled and they had no problems with me going to the tow yard and pull all the equipment out. Only thing they asked was that you don't leave any empty "holes". So put the stock deck back in ( don't have to wire it). No insurance company will want to pay out more than they have to.

The other option is to buy the car back and part it out after you take out what you need, or transfer the good parts to your new 5. Good luck.

That sucks man, that car was beautiful. Was that Shragon's old car?? if so, I'm guessing you just put in a new tranny. Will you be parting the car out??

The engine temp hasn't yet reached ambient and the buzzards are circling the carcass. I love it. It must the recycle, environmental consciousness in all of us. BTW, how much for the wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    ...........Will you be parting the car out??
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

That totally sucks man, but really happy for you and your mom that you are safe. Something similar happened here in Toronto a couple of days ago where a fellow who was stopped on the highway got rear-ended (except he was stopped for no apparent good reason) and he didn't stand a chance. He was driving a Geo I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose Right Winger
    The engine temp hasn't yet reached ambient and the buzzards are circling the carcass. I love it. It must the recycle, environmental consciousness in all of us. BTW, how much for the wheels?
    LOL, so true. I'll admit it, I'm a scumbag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast