GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my battery keeps losing it's charge.

Default my battery keeps losing it's charge.

My battery keeps losing it's charge. If I drive around, the battery will charge enough to start the car for a few days, and then goes dead again. When I tested the battery, the battery increased in charge while accelerating, but drops in idle. Could this be an alternature problem or possiblly an electrical?

the model is a 530i 2001

sounds like something is drawing on the system sucking the battery down while the car is sitting, or possibly the first signs of a dieing battery, first test id do it a draw test to see what the car is doing, i can tell you how to do this if you have a multi meter
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Is this for real?

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

huh? i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Is this for real?

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    huh? i miss something?

I am just suspicious that it is one of those alter egos that board members develop ever once and a while. Like I was Geishagirl (needed advice about painting my car which was actually Shogun's car after Sharkman turned it into the sand car). I know who some of the other fake identities were--all of which have been busted and banished.

A name like sexxybarbb. None of the profile filed out. But the person who filled it out had to elect not to receive emails cause I think the default is to get them.

The car is a 2001 on an e34 board.

"When I tested the battery, the battery increased in charge while accelerating, but drops in idle. Could this be an alternature problem or possiblly an electrical?"

I am just suspicious that sexxybarb tested her battery or would describe the problem this way. I am just too cynical I guess.
    Last edited by Gayle; 04-14-2006 at 07:41 PM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

classic sign of a battery on its way out,if you dont want to spring for a new battery get a) a battery test,and b) a charging system check
    Those are exactly the same symptoms I had.Got the battery tested,on its last legs,got a new one no problems since
    Gone but not forgotten

Yes the name is for real. And I do have problem with my car.

When testing the battery, it read at 13 when the sccelerator was on, an below half when on idle.

Quote Originally Posted by sexxybarbb
    Yes the name is for real. And I do have problem with my car.

When testing the battery, it read at 13 when the sccelerator was on, an below half when on idle.
    Sorry to have doubted you and good luck with your car.

Wait... you said 13V when accelerating... and only 6V when idling? If so, your alternator is bad.

5 years for original battery is about the end of life too... double check the voltage at idling first... you need at least 13.5 to charge battery.. and perfect alternator is 14.4V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast