GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Decisions decisons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Decisions decisons

Tranny's life is limited. Definetely need a valve body replacement, new guilbo, and tranny mounts. That represents a certain amount of parts and labor.

So I have a few options that I have been thinking about.

1. Buy donor 530im in Jersey, ship it to austin, rob the drivetrain ebay the rest...same same only have a bolt it 5 speed and option to take euro touring all US with speedo, obc, 'F on heat dials, basic parts car. Solves the tranny issue, but still have heavy no torqy motor

2. Getting the wifey an XC90 as soon as I can locate a T6 Silver with tan interior that has nav, tow, dvd, and climate package under 40k miles. It's been a couple months and still can't match all items in the same car....
    ...which means I have a shopping cart dinged up 535ia with a bullet proof chick driven 113k 3.5 motor to rob, her dials and US dash, buy a five speed and do that change over. No cost for materials, just labor and a tranny ebay the rest of the car... or trade it for the conversion.

3. Buy wrecked M3 with S52, and follow the Terry Sayther conversion which he's already done to a 525iT. Certain to cost over $12K, but what a final product. http://www.terrysaytherauto.com/E30-S52Conversion.htm

I just spent a year building my house. I just d/pmt'd this truck but haven't picked it up yet.

so I will have something to drive in the interim, but this will need an immediate 15 hun in vintage air and hidden tunes.

any suggestions?
    Last edited by Elekta; 03-30-2006 at 08:45 PM.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38