GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: location of automatic tran dip stick???

Default location of automatic tran dip stick???

looking for help in locating transmision fluid dip stick or top up point on gear box i can not locate...91 525i automatic
    thanks in advance

Default I have 2, 1991 525i's and both of them have the dipstick

However, it is possible that yours does not. The dipstick was eliminated sometime in 1991 and I have heard of some 1991's that do not have it. Although, I have also heard of a couple of 1992's that do - or at least that is what has been written.

It is located at the rear of the engine, on the driver's side. It is a long tube that comes from underneath the car and has a black round cap on it that has a raised arrowhead or triangle on the top. There is a trick to removing the dipstick. When I first got my car I didn't know what this was and was unable to figure out how to get the cap off. What you have to do is push the cap sideways towards the direction that the arrowhead is pointing. This releases the locking cap, and then you should be able to pull out the dipstick. This is also where you top off or refill the auto tranny fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by robert
    looking for help in locating transmision fluid dip stick or top up point on gear box i can not locate...91 525i automatic
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Schneiders
    However, it is possible that yours does not. The dipstick was eliminated sometime in 1991 and I have heard of some 1991's that do not have it. Although, I have also heard of a couple of 1992's that do - or at least that is what has been written.

It is located at the rear of the engine, on the driver's side. It is a long tube that comes from underneath the car and has a black round cap on it that has a raised arrowhead or triangle on the top. There is a trick to removing the dipstick. When I first got my car I didn't know what this was and was unable to figure out how to get the cap off. What you have to do is push the cap sideways towards the direction that the arrowhead is pointing. This releases the locking cap, and then you should be able to pull out the dipstick. This is also where you top off or refill the auto tranny fluid.

thanks for advise will check it out

Default my.....

7/91 production 1992 525i has one.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."