GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: The nicest bimmer on the 'bay

Default The nicest bimmer on the 'bay

^°^ ><((({º>°°

This is funny, my father and I were shooting sh*t about BMWs, and he was talking about the history of the company, and he told me about this exact car - a deathtrap, as he described, with motorcycle engine. He remembers these from his childhood in Europe.
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip

pops a dent and some meguires wax is all it needs... im bidding now.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I wonder if Erkels' included.

That one must come with the 600 big-bore kit. I think Isettas are originally 300s no?

it would be sweet to have one of those in the garage for the weekends and summer days

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Hahahaha, I love the line "This particular 600 has the smaller Euro style headlights that were un-common in the U.S." Gee, how many of these were even sold in the U.S? And that bit about the floor not being completeley gone (but i haven't pulled the carpet up) when it has perforation rust everywhere else. Make no mistake on this one fellas, it needs a new floorpan and some new panels, IF the frame and roof can be resurrected... I guess it is all possible, but ooosh there is a lot of work in that.

I never knew BMW made such big superchargers- that thing is a good 280mm in diameter! Wow, all that for a 2 cylinder... it must be running 50lbs of boost... ooooooo that's a lot! Jon you better put this on blown euroz when it is restored to its former condition...

Now I can see where the designers of the M-cars drew their first inspirations; this has all the makings clearly in abundance, all round coils and independent suspension, battery under the rear seat, an aeronautical grade massive blower on the motor, modern aerodynamic design... the list goes on, including frameless windows! Well now, exactly how long did it take for Subaru to copy that?

On top of styling, they even took function and form leap with the forward opening front door! Ouch, how the French must have been pissed when they saw the Germans beat them to that sure-fire winner...!!!!

Though I guess when they made it they were really just trying to workout how to make a Messurschmidt drive on a public road and sell to the masses... Timeless old classic

Still I like the idea that you can open the front door to eject out once careering backwards down the road after a blowout (or some well-aimed enemy fire...) ROFLs!
    Last edited by genphreak; 03-21-2006 at 12:12 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!