GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E.A.T. chip & Peake tool-problem?

Default E.A.T. chip & Peake tool-problem?

Another post was discussing the Peake tool and Shogun wondered if chiped cars had a problem with the Peake tool.

I have had the E.A.T. DME chip for over a year and the Peake tool for about a month. Only used it once to check for codes. Stated it had no stored codes. Have not reset oil or service lights yet. Will try this evening.

Never thought there might be a problem with a chiped car? Peake never mentioned a possible issue. Is there a problem? If there is, I may send the tool back, if I can.

I sure do not want to remove my chip.
    Last edited by Russell; 03-14-2006 at 09:38 AM.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

i've not had any problems other then the peake tool shitting out after about a year
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default For the few interested...

I was able to reset the oil and service indicator lights with my Peake tool. So apparently no problem with a chipped car. Peake verified it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    Another post was discussing the Peake tool and Shogun wondered if chiped cars had a problem with the Peake tool.

I have had the E.A.T. DME chip for over a year and the Peake tool for about a month. Only used it once to check for codes. Stated it had no stored codes. Have not reset oil or service lights yet. Will try this evening.

Never thought there might be a problem with a chiped car? Peake never mentioned a possible issue. Is there a problem? If there is, I may send the tool back, if I can.

I sure do not want to remove my chip.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment