GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Remote Start and Valve Adjustments

Default Remote Start and Valve Adjustments

Going to re-check my valves and replace the eccentrics per my previous thread. Also want to make sure the spray bar works correctly. If I make me up a Bill R. pill bottle starter, I can just crank the motor and there is enough oil pressure to see if the bar is spraying well??

Also, the remote starter functions with no key in ignition??? I'm assuming no spark or fuel, so the engine can not start. Just didn't no if the key had to be in or turned a little.
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

i'll venture a guess here, your not going to get enough pressure to see the spray bar in action while cranking, should be at an idle (could be a messy project)

leave the key off, if its on then youll get fuel and spark, it WILL start...lol
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The car will actually run with the valve cover off??? When I broke the breather hose going from the valve cover to the intake, it wouldn't run till I covered it with a rubber glove. I definitely would rather not run the car with cover off....no other way to check that thing out??

Secondly my question about the key being in or on, didn't know if there was always power to the diag connector so that I could turn it over.
    91 535iA M30 Auto

120,000 Miles

only need the starter to turn, plug the breather hose then it will run without the valve cover.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default I'm able to see the spray bar working just by cranking it, it does take a

bit of cranking though and all i really looked for was to ensure that oil was coming out of all of the holes, If its dripping out at cranking speed then it should be fine as long as its dripping out of all of them including the front one
    And yes the remote starter functions without the fuel pump or the ignition and the key doesn't have to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by athflying79
    Going to re-check my valves and replace the eccentrics per my previous thread. Also want to make sure the spray bar works correctly. If I make me up a Bill R. pill bottle starter, I can just crank the motor and there is enough oil pressure to see if the bar is spraying well??

Also, the remote starter functions with no key in ignition??? I'm assuming no spark or fuel, so the engine can not start. Just didn't no if the key had to be in or turned a little.

Pull the plugs out. It will spin a lot faster on the starter.

Bill you should have just suggested him to take pictures of it spraying at an idle...could have put that in the archives
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Bill you should have just suggested him to take pictures of it spraying at an idle...could have put that in the archives
    That's not very nice. Since the front of my engine is covered in oil from a loose CPS bolt...wouldn't really make much difference.
    91 535iA M30 Auto

120,000 Miles