GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: poor chip performance

Default poor chip performance

91 535

ultrachip is not giving the bump in performance i was expecting!

i still experience average acceleration, a flat spot and the gas consumption has become worse.

suggestions?

i had a bad spot or two in accelleration on my 535, i cleaned the contacts in the air flow meter and that fixed it right up, i am not saying this is your problem but theres a few things that can kill performance, a old slow 02 sensor will make it surge on full throttle accelleration and crap up mileage, air leaks don't do it any favors, old tune up components don't help ether
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i had a bad spot or two in accelleration on my 535, i cleaned the contacts in the air flow meter and that fixed it right up, i am not saying this is your problem but theres a few things that can kill performance, a old slow 02 sensor will make it surge on full throttle accelleration and crap up mileage, air leaks don't do it any favors, old tune up components don't help ether

Hi Winfred,
    I asked Lyle to post here as when I emailed to ask how he liked the chip (as I randomly do ask purchasers) Lyle was the first person with an E34 535i (and about the second person in EAT chip history) to say he didn't notice any difference. I mentioned some of the items to check such as un-metered intake air leaks, AFM, O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor.

Lyle says it passed emissions and the mechanic says there's no problem with it. He alos says it doesn't get good mileage. I figured someone here may be able to help as it seems the motor has a problem.

Mark

Default thank you winfred

Quote Originally Posted by winfred