GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sad sad day [PICTURES]

Default Sad sad day [PICTURES]

Last night I had a minor "mishap" with my car.
    While parallel parking next to my friend's garage, I could not see the concrete separator between his driveway and the staircase that leads to his door. Unfortunately, my car saw it and caught it with its side. Pretty much half of the front passenger side door and half of the panel above the front tire is scrapped down to the bare metal. It was not a pretty sight. There's a decent size dent in it too. Fortunately it didn't damage alignment or anything like that and the car runs the same as it did before. But it definitely does not make it look pretty..
    Attached Images Attached Images     

That sucks man....
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

hopefully bendability and some spray will get you through till a repaint is due.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I'm also sorry as well.

Not to be terribly cold, but this brings me to another piece that I'm working on- and I guess most people with E34's have worked on.

The paint on the E34; can it be improved upon from the stock paint job. What is currently the slickest and most durable paint job that you folks have run into? I'd like it to repel bullets if possible, but I think I'm hoping for too much. I'm going to save up for a full paint restoration, and any advice you might have off the cuff would be appreciated.

And again, I'm sorry for the tear in your paint. That is a bit of a nightmare scenario.

Bummer man. Look on the bright side: you learned a valuable lesson that could have cost you a lot more.

We all screw up eventually. It could've been worse.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

I think i'm going to get some sand paper and some primer, to cover it up for now. Is that a good idea? I dont want it rusting away..

i am liking the urethane one coat paints (like dupont concept) it's a single stage paint with no clear coat, once you get the coverage you want that's it, buff it when it's cured

Quote Originally Posted by ThoreauHD
    I'm also sorry as well.

Not to be terribly cold, but this brings me to another piece that I'm working on- and I guess most people with E34's have worked on.

The paint on the E34; can it be improved upon from the stock paint job. What is currently the slickest and most durable paint job that you folks have run into? I'd like it to repel bullets if possible, but I think I'm hoping for too much. I'm going to save up for a full paint restoration, and any advice you might have off the cuff would be appreciated.

And again, I'm sorry for the tear in your paint. That is a bit of a nightmare scenario.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

A little buffing and elbow grease will take it out

I can only imagine how long your heart stopped when you heard/saw it.

I had a similar incident with my old Audi 4000... went a little quick over a double speed bump and caused the passenger side to scrape against a railing... something caught the door and pulled it back a bit. Cost about $1500 to fix it all.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

that really sucks.. but fortunately you could have only the bottom part of the door/fender fixed/painted.. shouldn't be too too expensive. if u were in my city i could have a friend do it for 200 bucks
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike