GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dumb qst...how do you reset the trip odometer.....

Default dumb qst...how do you reset the trip odometer.....

the only way it seems to go away is when the battery is disconnected, and that isn't at all practical....and yes, i did RTFM, pushing the button in does nothing.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default the only way to do it is to push the button..

at least thats how it is on mine. Try turning your car off and then pushing the button and see if the odometer pops up with the mileage. If it doesnt do this then somethings wrong with the button Id say.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    the only way it seems to go away is when the battery is disconnected, and that isn't at all practical....and yes, i did RTFM, pushing the button in does nothing.

Default i guess it doesn't

work...tried, no repsonse. i guess ill have to get out the contact cleaner and take it out if i want it to work.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Hey Ryan, try pushing the little black button in...

all the way but not too far.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default i don't think it is

a matter of me not pushing hard enough....as the check control one works with the ignition off with the same amount of force as i am using to push the reset button.

Default Ryan, this was one of the first symptoms I noticed on my own and on other

customers cars when it became time to change the capacitors.. first It seemed like i had to push harder and harder then it started resetting when i first turned the car on, then the gauges would randomly act up...As soon as I changed the caps it worked fine... And I tried cleaning the contact on the trip odometer first , no difference.

a matter of me not pushing hard enough....as the check control one works with the ignition off with the same amount of force as i am using to push the reset button.

Well, I was about to make a smarty-pants comment (like Jeff ) but then realized that I have never reset the trip meter in 9 months of ownership...I just reset the DIST on the OBC to 0 and watch the number go negative. I guess you sometimes can't see the forest for the trees!

Cheers
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default awwww billl....

that sucks...as confident as i am in my ability to solder/unsolder, i have taken stuff apart that i needed to resolder more than once to get things back in order, and i don't really feel like screwing up the only cluster in my primary mode of transport.....im mostly interested in the odo now because with mark's chip im getting around 27.5 at 75mph, and it would be nice to back it up with a reset counter instead of trying to remember what mileage i left a location at. if im calculating right, i can bag 33 mpg at 55mph now.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 03-18-2004 at 12:57 PM.

I get 15 mpg. I hate you.

that sucks...as confident as i am in my ability to solder/unsolder, i have taken stuff apart that i needed to resolder more than once to get things back in order, and i don't really feel like screwing up the only cluster in my primary mode of transport.....im mostly interested in the odo now because with mark's chip im getting around 27.5 at 75mph, and it would be nice to back it up with a reset counter instead of trying to remember what mileage i left a location at. if im calculating right, i can bag 33 mpg at 55mph now.

Default Somethings wrong with your car then... you should do pretty good on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil M
    I get 15 mpg. I hate you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast