GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ATF Fluid.. Help me out here guys..

Default ATF Fluid.. Help me out here guys..

Ok Im not slow and did search the foum before posting..

I have a BMW 525ia with over 138000 on it. Recently I have been feeling some gitter from within the transmission like its rapidly skipping but only when cold and only after I have been coasting or slowing then get back on the gas. So I picked up a transmission filter and some ATF (Redline D4) based on the shop guys recommendations. Everywhere I look I find people recommending the REDLINE fluid but I don't see anyone saying to used D4!

Is REDLINE D4 a good replacement for the ATF.. Anyhelp would be great as I am to head to the shop today..

Thanks guys..

Dan

Default Here's the fluid chart for your car. D4 will work fine but then

again any dexron III mercon fluid is already semisynthetic so there's very little to gain by paying the extra for D4$ but if you already have it then feel free to use it. I personally prefer to use a dexron III in my own car such as Castrol dexron III which is cheap but then again i change it every time i change my engine oil so cheap works for me in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by LiqJesus
    Ok Im not slow and did search the foum before posting..

I have a BMW 525ia with over 138000 on it. Recently I have been feeling some gitter from within the transmission like its rapidly skipping but only when cold and only after I have been coasting or slowing then get back on the gas. So I picked up a transmission filter and some ATF (Redline D4) based on the shop guys recommendations. Everywhere I look I find people recommending the REDLINE fluid but I don't see anyone saying to used D4!

Is REDLINE D4 a good replacement for the ATF.. Anyhelp would be great as I am to head to the shop today..

Thanks guys..

Dan