GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caveat emptor with member Bimmerkid!

Default The wheels are clearly REPLICA/FAKE T-Stars

Come on guys, someone needs to fess up to the truth:

From the picture it is clear the wheels are not Genuine e34 M5 wheels. Those are the "replica" 1 piece wheels that are no longer made. In fact, BMW put a legal stop to their production a while back. These aftermarket wheels were never even $3k with tires when brank new. If the seller really did state that these were Genuine Original BMW e34 M5 wheels then the buyer has a reason to be upset.

Sal, is this the case? Did you tell RNRN that the wheels were original M5 wheels and not aftermarket?

RNRN: Let's see some pics of the wheels so we can determine if they are a 9.5 out of 10. That should be pretty easy to determine. They either have curb rash or they don't. It won't take much curb rash to quickly drop them down from a condition of 9.5.

Jeff

Default Here is the ad from Roadfly

Seller Information
    Member Name: BimmerKid
    City: Franklin L, NJ 07417
    Seller Type: Private
    Date Listed: 02/04/2004
    Send this seller a message

Other:

they are BMW throwing star wheels w/ 98% new BF Goodrich G-Force KDWS tires. Looking for $1100 plus shipping or best offer

The case is building against you know bimmerkid

Ill get pix, no prob. They are one piece, non directional replicas. Yes, I am upset. No, I am not a warmonger. Just a fair deal, that is all. Read the e mails and you'll see that he "oversold" his product. If they were directional, I could easily live with it because even though they are replicas, they look better than basketweaves.

why dont you post this email?

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerKid
    you forgot the last email you sent b4 post on the board that said you were happy that they arrived so fast and that they would be going on the car asap. Why is it that all of a sudden they are not what you want?

-Sal

Default It appears like Bimmerkid got screwed by his mechanic, if

what he says he paid is true.

Dick Schneiders

Quote Originally Posted by happifella
    Come on guys, someone needs to fess up to the truth:

From the picture it is clear the wheels are not Genuine e34 M5 wheels. Those are the "replica" 1 piece wheels that are no longer made. In fact, BMW put a legal stop to their production a while back. These aftermarket wheels were never even $3k with tires when brank new. If the seller really did state that these were Genuine Original BMW e34 M5 wheels then the buyer has a reason to be upset.

Sal, is this the case? Did you tell RNRN that the wheels were original M5 wheels and not aftermarket?

RNRN: Let's see some pics of the wheels so we can determine if they are a 9.5 out of 10. That should be pretty easy to determine. They either have curb rash or they don't. It won't take much curb rash to quickly drop them down from a condition of 9.5.

Jeff

So Bimmerkid,

Did you screw the guy or not?
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

Default so, how can we avaoid being cheated like this?

ALWAYS, always get a phone number and talk to the seller on the phone, first. If the seller resists this for any reason, walk away. It it much easier to scope out a person's intentions when listening to their voice. Also, it would have been impossible for the seller to "ignore" the question about whether or not they were true OEM, on the phone. If the seller refuses your reasonable request for a photo, walk away.

It seems to me the seller had a clear intent to deceive by the wording of his ad, referring to "BMW wheels." This implies OEM while specifically avoiding that term. Couple this with the fact the seller ignored the email question about whether or not they were OEM. This seems to me a dishonest seller.

But the buyer did not persue due dilligence. He should have walked away on three different counts: 1. No phone conversation with seller. 2. Seller declined to show photos. 3. Seller ignored his question about true OEM. Seems to me like this is like wearing a "kick me" sign. But it in no way does it condone the despicable dishonest behavior of the seller. I'm sure no one here would EVER buy anything from him, in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rnrn
    Sorry to write this guys but this guy/kid really f***ed me on a tires/wheel package we put together. I specifically asked that the throwing stars I was buying were OEM/BMW genuine part and he confirmed that they were, also stating that he spent $3000 on the package. Better than 9.5/10, according to him. He never sent pix like I asked claiming they were already boxed up and wrapped for shipping.

What shows up at my place? Replicas with curb rash and one rim which is out of round--and certainly not directional either. I am obviously pissed off and also embarassed that I didn't confirm what I was getting. His name is Sal Benanti and he has not responded to my e mails since the shipping--lives in New Jersey.

If any of you know him let him know that he pulled one over my eyes who was trying to deal honestly and fairly. Beware...

Moderators, can you sticky this so others can see that this guy is giving BMW CCA members a bad name?

Ross

Default what to do, what to do...

the only thing you could in reality do is have someone check them out for you before you bite the bullet and get their oppinion and fresh pictures, not some pictures from last year. Might miss out on the sale but it could stop this from happening.

When you send money to someone and its not what they claim you can take them to small claims, in THEIR city and get an award against them. However you can't make them pay you.

You can also file a claim in YOUR court district under internet fraud, takes quite a while but if you can prove your case it can make life miserable for the sellar.

Always send Postal Money Orders or personal checks, at least you can get a copy of it being cashed, hopefully at their personal bank...then your getting somewhere. You have their account number!

If the seller is as sincere as this one claims to be, he should arrange for a UPS pickup and send the money back to the purchaser. This saving both parties the aggrivation and slanderous messages in a public forum. Both sides need to cool down and work something out, but they dont have to.

One or both parties can and probably will change their public & ebay Id's and start all over and pretend that nothing ever happened.

I bought a couple items from some members of this board, Most transactions went very well while others haven't. I dont whine all over the place, it was my shitty decision to trust them, not theirs. So they change their ID and life goes on. I don't worry about small amounts of money, I can survive on dirt but it sucks that you have to be so careful about so called board brothers.

I'm still waiting (2 years so far) on a racing transmission I paid over $3000 for to a member of another forum, who at that time was a 3 year member, active and close friends of the boards moderators & had his own performance shop. Why not trust him?

I'lll let you know when I get my transmission.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

This is what he has to say on Roadflea

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e34/4816817-1.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast