GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help on Lowering Springs

Default Need Help on Lowering Springs

I have installed lowering springs on my E34 (93) the I have purchased from Volksland. I'm experiencing clickity-clack noise from all 4 springs when ever I run into pot holes or bumps. Seems like the springs are loose. I checked all 4 and all the nuts and bolts are tight. I notice that the springs when I installed them does not need any compressors, they just fit right in without compressing. Do anybody there experience the same issue and what solution did you do?
    Thanks!!!!

I can't confirm since I've never installed vogtlands, but I suspect that they require a sport valved strut/shock. So, if you didn't replace your strut inserts and shocks, then that may be your problem. You should still have preload, though.

best, whit

Are you sure it is the springs. You can get a noise similar to what you describe from the sway bar end links.
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by mholbrook
    Are you sure it is the springs. You can get a noise similar to what you describe from the sway bar end links.
    Yep, or spring pads that twist away from under the spring when pressured...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

I installed vogtland springs last summer and, I hear all kinds of stuff moving around everytime I hit a pothole, I already checked and recheck everything and I came to the conclussion that the springs just suck and I learned to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-ny-m398
    I installed vogtland springs last summer and, I hear all kinds of stuff moving around everytime I hit a pothole, I already checked and recheck everything and I came to the conclussion that the springs just suck and I learned to live with it.
    That's tough dude. Everyone else seems to like them... what shocks are you running?

Also, confirm the part numbers you got on their website- there are several types available- beware of 535 springs in a 525, 530 and 540 springs (all are different), but spring companies don't always do every one, and can substitute the wrong ones in (though they shuld at least admit to a different ride-height resulting)

I remmber seeing one that said Voigtland have one for cars with 'big stereos' surely this was a joke or an interesting substitution of the wrong spring...
    Last edited by genphreak; 02-05-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Oh great. I just received my Vogtlands and going to install them next week on Bilstein HDs....
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I basically learned to live with it, and my main problem is that my wife has another 535i with the stock set up and I get to feel the difference everytime I switch cars. I'm running Bilsteins and I got 18" Voxx rims.

youll need the bilstein sport shocks for the shocks not bottoming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Oh great. I just received my Vogtlands and going to install them next week on Bilstein HDs....
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-ny-m398
    I basically learned to live with it, and my main problem is that my wife has another 535i with the stock set up and I get to feel the difference everytime I switch cars. I'm running Bilsteins and I got 18" Voxx rims.
    I was considering buying them, however I wonder if people are getting the best results on the 525 as opposed to the heavier 535, so I opted for M-Technics instead... I'd check your part number and if in any doubt contact Voigtland, I doubt they'd want you to have the wrong thing... when you say Billies, do you mean Billie Sports? They are the only ones you can run, tourings or HDs will be awful. Jeff knows this very well, (have you read what he has written about in his great work on their 'hidden' bumpstops?)... Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast