GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: hopefully retarded lazy CD question...

Default hopefully retarded lazy CD question...

I can play any of the 6 cds in the cartridge however to change the cartridge the door opens but nothing else happens such as ejecting the damn thing?

The light isnt on either, would there be some stupid fuse to just power this function or do I simply need to sell and locate a new car?
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 02-05-2006 at 07:44 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

bumpage
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Sorry regal, I would like to help you out more since you always help me out, but I really don't know. My friend's Audi A6 had a similar problem, and we fixed it by replacing one of his radio fuses. I hope this helps somehow.
    Last edited by E34 530; 02-05-2006 at 11:11 PM.

thanks, I just threw my main computer onto the driveway, hopefully after it dries out it will at least boot up. its either the power suppy (which checks out) or the mobo. Ill pry that Mofkr out if I have to...but I will check the fuses before that.

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    Sorry regal, I would like to help you out more since you always help me out, but I really don't know. My friend's Audi A6 had a similar problem, and we fixed it by replacing one of his radio fuses. I hope this helps somehow.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

I was on this Ford forum checking something for a mate and found this. I remembered your stacker problem. There may have some ideas here.

http://www2.autoforums.com/forums/sh...ref=FordForums
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

That happened to my Alpine unit. I dismantled it, popped the cartridge out manually, put it all together, and it has worked perfectly for almost a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    thanks, I just threw my main computer onto the driveway, hopefully after it dries out it will at least boot up. its either the power suppy (which checks out) or the mobo. Ill pry that Mofkr out if I have to...but I will check the fuses before that.
    632 Regal, these German CD players are very sensitive, you're probably gonna need a new O2 (oxygen) sensor. The oxygen sensor is used to measure the driver's exhalation rate and store left over Carbon Dioxide in the S bag which is located just behind the rear passenger arm rest. Many drivers confuse the purpose of this bag and have even been known to store skis in it. Make sure that you leave the passenger arm rest down so that the bag can fill and maintain the proper compresssion ratio. Without the proper compression ratio, the bag won't be able to power the soft exhalation or eject function of the CD bay cartridge. You can read more about it here

www.WTF/BMtroubleu.com

In the future, it may be a good idea to run your car for at least 20,000 miles without changing the oil and make sure that you loosen the clamps on the vaccum lines (every black hose) in the engine bay to alleviate some of the pressure.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by HDhandyman; 02-27-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Default When mine did it.....

I thought the unit was just bad. But, after playing with it for a while the way it ended up working was this: press the button once and the door pops open and press the button again (hard) and the motor can be heard working and the cartridge pops half way out.

Give it a shot! If you can hear the motor while it changes between CD's 1thru 6, then its not the fuse.

JD

OK, just checked and it will change CDs from the radio but the light doesnt go on on the trunk unit, the squish the button dont work either...this is weird. Ill probably take it apart and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JD525IA
    I thought the unit was just bad. But, after playing with it for a while the way it ended up working was this: press the button once and the door pops open and press the button again (hard) and the motor can be heard working and the cartridge pops half way out.

Give it a shot! If you can hear the motor while it changes between CD's 1thru 6, then its not the fuse.

JD
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy