GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: I finally caved in & bought ETK & TIS...can't wait!

Default I finally caved in & bought ETK & TIS...can't wait!

Hi everyone,

Well, I finally converted to the ETK. I've been using a Bentley for years now. I've done almost everything myself with that alone, but I'm getting lazy in my old age.

When I realized how much someone else would charge to change my heater core, my Scottish roots (25%) took over and I will be doing the work myself this summer against the wishes of the wifey . So I guess the savings will go towards something nice to make her happy...or beer to make me happy! Just kidding. She loves the 5er as much as I do.

Mark

Default Sorry Mark , the etk won't do you much good, its the

parts catalog for the bmw and the tis has very little coverage of the e34's

Quote Originally Posted by mancini_mark
    Hi everyone,

Well, I finally converted to the ETK. I've been using a Bentley for years now. I've done almost everything myself with that alone, but I'm getting lazy in my old age.

When I realized how much someone else would charge to change my heater core, my Scottish roots (25%) took over and I will be doing the work myself this summer against the wishes of the wifey . So I guess the savings will go towards something nice to make her happy...or beer to make me happy! Just kidding. She loves the 5er as much as I do.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    parts catalog for the bmw and the tis has very little coverage of the e34's
    That's basically my experience also.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I was dissappointed in the CD's too
    '90 535iSE Auto (AE+EAT) 123k miles
    '86 F288 69k miles
    '06('89)- PGE 2.0DOHC Turbo
    '03 A160LE 19k miles
    1914 Stellite E2A (no odometer!)
    (+ others I daren't mention here)
    www.pyghtle.com

Default Really? Don't they show exploded parts diagrams?

That kind of sucks. Good thing I only used a paypal credit that I had to buy the set. It's a 7-cd set with other stuff. Maybe it will show me enough detail to fill in the gaps in Bentley?

Mark

What you want is a factory repair manual/blue book, which, as with most TIS procedural outlines, is only "a suggestion" about how the procedure might be completed. All of this stuff is on webtis these days, but it costs big money. I know we've got them, but they're not cheap -- http://www.koalamotorsport.com/lit.asp?s=5 -- 245 bones.

best, whit
    Last edited by Kalevera; 01-11-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Hi everyone,

Mark
    If you need any help Johntee540 and I replaced mine. After us being bone heads and doing many things the hard way I am sure we can easily walk you through it. Now that I did it once I would do it again and it would probably take half as long. Just make sure you have the beer stocked when the core arrives so you can be prepared when you are finished.

Default ETK is handy to have

even though it does not help much with repairs, it will give BMW part # s and help you get the right parts without dealing with the "parts dude".

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Default Online ETK.... Go To TechnoBMW.com because it's FREE!

Go to TechnoBMW.com for an online ETK! You can access it from anywhere, why buy an ETK disc?
    -Eric
    Minneapolis Bimmer Owner's Group Founder
    TechnoBMWPresident@gmail.com

That kind of sucks. Good thing I only used a paypal credit that I had to buy the set. It's a 7-cd set with other stuff. Maybe it will show me enough detail to fill in the gaps in Bentley?

Mark
    (OO ( )( ) OO)
    1995 BMW 540i
    Minneapolis Bimmer Group Founder