GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Day

Default Sad Day

Last night I crashed the e34. It was foggy and raining. I was going about 70on I 95, and I was passing a truck which kinda pushed me over a bit towards the shoulder. My left rear tire hung up on the lip between the shoulder and roadbed (there was no margin between dirt and road), and it spun me. I did two 360's, and ended up hitting the rail at about 50.

I'm OK, and i'm very happy about how the car acted, and I felt my safety was never in question. But the car don't look good folks. Spare me the "it'll buff right out", please- I think I'll get a sense of humour about it in a few days.

Wish me luck with the insurance folks.

And yes, I'll be back in an e34. Hopefully not this one though- I'm hoping for a total.

tim
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by tim; 12-30-2005 at 05:40 AM.
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

Slowly they fall, one by one Glad you're okay. In a little bit, the vultures will start decending if it's a total...
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    ... I'm hoping for a total.
    I will be shocked if it isn't... It looks like you hit the wall hard enough to bend stuff on the front.....

I am glad that you are ok...
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Ouch! And, with such low miles on the car. Sympathy.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Thankfully the car did its job and you're OK. My 525 was on the fence with half the damage yours has sustained so I would wager its a write-off.

Have fun car shopping (I mean that sincerely)

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Yeap. Looks like a total to me.

Get a nicer 540/6. Good luck. I am sure you are a bit shaken.
    Put in HIDs this time, eh.

Here's a nice opportunity for ya:

http://www.specialtysales.com/invent...&t=1991+BMW+M5
    erased due to slander

im glad your Okay, I think it might be totaled too. Start getting ads and prices together so they give you what the car was worth.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    im glad your Okay, I think it might be totaled too. Start getting ads and prices together so they give you what the car was worth.
    I'm not sure I'll ever get paid back for all the knuckle skin I left in that motor. But from a guy who just did a 720 into a barrier at 70, I'm still sold. These are well made cars- anything can happen of course- but I'll take my chances in an e34 again.

There was a moment when I had a choice: after the initial drift I was going about sideways and still on pavement. I gassed it and reversed the wheel, but it fishtailed all the way over 180 deg. I'm now going sideways the other way, and I reversed the wheel again. I'm not gaining any ground and I can't get the front wheels to hook up. Gave it a quickee punch on the throttle, but no hookup at all, since I think at that point I was near 90 degrees to my vector. All in a millisecond I thought to myself, I could alternate emergency brake and full throttle, like I did at driving school. If I did it, I would have one more big fishtail, and a chance to floor it and get my front tires hooked up again. A little voice said, "full brake, let the abs slow you down a bit, and take your chances on the barrier." The other side of the road was trees. I think I made the right choice.

Thanks to all of you for your comments and well wishes. I'll keep the board updated on the saga. And yes, if you know any east coast 540's looking for a new home, feel free to post!
    tim
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

Wow! You are about the third person in a week to wreck your car. e34s are dropping like flies. I second the sympathy and especially with only 82K miles. What a heartbreaker to lose a good one. So glad you are ok. Also glad you will be getting another and staying in the community.

What you wrote about the safety reminds me of Buno's website and what he wrote about his car and his accident.

Bruno's car saves his life
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast