GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inner door seal

Default inner door seal

Anyone have a line on where to find an inner door seal (fits inside the door opening). My driver's side seal is shot and I haven't been able to track a source down or even get a part number.

me also...tan interior (pargament) needs all the door trim for all doors they all seem to have shrunk. info wanted.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Have you called BMA?

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    me also...tan interior (pargament) needs all the door trim for all doors they all seem to have shrunk. info wanted.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MB535
    Anyone have a line on where to find an inner door seal (fits inside the door opening). My driver's side seal is shot and I haven't been able to track a source down or even get a part number.

can u post pics? i think i hav the sme prob on my car too TIA

Ken from Guam

Hummm...I too, have a problem with shrinkage....glad to learn I am not the only one. ha, ha, ha....

Seriously, I do have the same problem with my inner door seals. I was considering the purchase of new ones but if it cost is like other items...well, you know... anyway, if anyone finds out from BMA, then please let us know. TIA.

BTW - just in case your wondering, the color of my interior trim is gray/black.
    Last edited by NoSpeedLimits; 03-11-2004 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added color info.
    '94 540I A (149K miles on orig. Nik motor) & EAT enhanced

Default Same color and same problem here....

The seals themselves are in very good shape.
    It seems as though the tan portion has shrunk.
    Strange.

Default BMA has them

I think the price is about $80 per door. Not sure. Give Patrick a call at BMA. The gaskets around my doors have also shrunk. I get some wind whistle up to about 40 mph-then it stops. Think the noise is on the right side. However, it could be the microfilter becoming clogged. It has not been changed in about 30,000 miles. Need to do soon.

Last edited by Russell; 03-11-2004 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Jon M Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    I think the price is about $80 per door. Not sure. Give Patrick a call at BMA. .
    I just did all four of my doors, cost was 63 each for the front, 80 for the back. the only difference between the two seals is that the front is just slightly longer. slipping them on was a pita, but not hard in the grand scheme. certainly easier than doing thrust arms.

it made a huge difference in quieting down my interior. it's like a new car in terms of noise. my seals were shrinking and separating from the frame. The part of the seal that grips onto the door also appeared to be getting brittle, causing the excess noises - which couldn't be solved via gummi phledge on the rubber.

Default What types of noises and which doors were the worst?

What types of noises and which doors were the worst?

I think I just want to replace the front or rear doors at this time. They look good, no breaks and are soft. However, I get sort of a muffled roar that gets louder (above about 55mph) and a whistle below 40 mph. Just not sure of the cause. BTW, what year is your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon M
    I just did all four of my doors, cost was 63 each for the front, 80 for the back. the only difference between the two seals is that the front is just slightly longer. slipping them on was a pita, but not hard in the grand scheme. certainly easier than doing thrust arms.

it made a huge difference in quieting down my interior. it's like a new car in terms of noise. my seals were shrinking and separating from the frame. The part of the seal that grips onto the door also appeared to be getting brittle, causing the excess noises - which couldn't be solved via gummi phledge on the rubber.
    Last edited by Russell; 03-11-2004 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Erich M Guest

Default Door seal part #

If you have access to an ETK, it is I believe under the body section. The part number for gray (schiefer) is 51 72 1 946 393. If you need Ultramarin, the part number is 51 72 8 137 771. The Pergament and Brasil colors are the same number with the exception of the last three digits, 772 for Pergament and 773 for Brasil. These are for the front seals. BMA could get them for about $73 a piece, while Pacific BMW could get them for about $62 a piece. My question is how hard are they to remove and install?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast