GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: re-routing fuel lines?

Default re-routing fuel lines?

After replacing the fuel lines quite a few times on this e34, they are quite vulnerable under the car and here in uk they rust rather quickly.
    I know on a citroen we have the fuel lines run inside the car, any thoughts on issues I may have if I run them through the conduit under the carpet on the E34 using high pressure hose

chris

first time i've ever heard of the lines rusting
    u parking in an ocean or something ?

Use the OEM part and seal them with an appropriate underbody coating/rust inhibitor (por 15?)

They should last at least 8 years in extreme conditions. How many times have you replaced the brake lines?

best, whit

Safety...that seems a bit to me.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

id get a bender and make them up from something less reactive, or get some factory lines and encase them in heater hose or something
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by cschollum
    bear in mind ive had the car 15 years, was built in 1989, i ve replaced the whole length previously and in the past few years just sections of it.

was darn hard work replacing the whole length last time, i think one guy in a post a few days ago had a similar issue - so would be so much easier running it through the car with flexible pipe under the carpet in the wiring conduit, as i say like on a citroen ax i have, which runs it inside as standard

regards you not hearing of a fuel pipe rusting, they do in the uk, especially where they can get damaged on the underside of the car

I was just wondering if there are any reasons i shouldnt route them through the car?
    A 1994 518i that you've owned since 1989/15 years? What kind of car are we talking about here?!

Silly putting all that salt on the road huh. Why not go for stainless steel? I know you can use braided hose (easy to run but less strong than a solid tube. It can't be that hard, it took me an hour to do a braided line on a turbo Mazda (the original line needed to be made larger)
    . It may not be as safe (braided lines) as solid ones (but solid is PIA to put in) If it is beside the rails and well fastened, you shouldn't have a problem.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Don't some rally cars have internal fuel lines too?

Cheers,

Shaun