GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Way OT - Any One Know How to Record Yamaha Clavinova to PC to make music CD?

Default Way OT - Any One Know How to Record Yamaha Clavinova to PC to make music CD?

Arugh. Been messing with this for hours.
    Want to make a Christmas CD of my daughter on the piano.
    You'd think it's simple, here's what I've tried and results:
    1. Connect the RCA cables out of the piano (Yamaha Clavinova CLP-150) to the mic-in jack on the computer, and do "Sound Recorder". Result - real poor quality and a 60 second limit. (set record setting to CD quality too).
    2. Save the recording on the piano (saved as a MIDI) connect to piano via USB and copy the file to PC hard drive. Well file is a MIDI so sound quality just isn't there for a nice warm Christmas CD.
    3. Look for free recording software on the internet, all has like 30 second limits, etc.

I'd think option 1 would be the best but the sound quality seems to be "overpowering" the computer.... lots of static, and the 1 minute limit won't work.

Is there a simple way? Any help appreciated, it's almost Christmas and the gift for the grandparents isn't looking so good right now!!

Thanks, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    1. Connect the RCA cables out of the piano (Yamaha Clavinova CLP-150) to the mic-in jack on the computer, and do "Sound Recorder". Result - real poor quality and a 60 second limit. (set record setting to CD quality too).
    You need to connect to a Line-In not a Mic connection. The signal level on a microphone input is a lot lower than the line in. You will be overloading the microphone input and there will be a lot of clipping of the signal.

Ian

Default great, will try that right now.... then just to get over the 60 second barrier...

...we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by biondani
    You need to connect to a Line-In not a Mic connection. The signal level on a microphone input is a lot lower than the line in. You will be overloading the microphone input and there will be a lot of clipping of the signal.

Ian

I used to have a Clavinova. A CLP-130, just one step down from yours. They're awesome.

Sorry I can't help with your problem.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip