GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My MegaSquirt build up/install!

Wow, its got bling bitz too! Nice touch, their attention to status indicators will be handy in situ (as well as in test). Great vids Jon- keep up the good work, and thanks for bringing us all along on the ride. Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

That's what the community is for. Hopefully it'll motivate people to try new stuff out too!

One more modification before bed.

I have an Innovate LC1 wideband controller but opted not to get the XD1 programmer/display because its $250 for a volt meter with a push button and an LED. So, I was going to make a small panel somewhere with the LC1 push button and seperate LED b ut I couldn't think of anywhere that looked like it belonged there. Then I decided to do this.

Previously, there was no momentary button there and there were only the 3 5mm LEDs. Now a momentary swtich which allows for wideband oxygen snesor re-calibration and the 3mm red LED in order to retrieve LC1 error codes.

all the led's are red?

patiently waiting in the background
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The DynoTune.com led gauge for the LC-1 could be a good option for your application. I moved the screen to a project box with the status led & reset momentary contact button.

They are $69 here, http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=129
    I can pull a screen shot of the lc-1 output config for this gauge if needed.
    So, I am curious if the MegaSquirt system can be made to fire injectors individually, instead of batch fired. Any idea?
    erased due to slander

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    all the led's are red?

Playing with fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue
    The DynoTune.com led gauge for the LC-1 could be a good option for your application. I moved the screen to a project box with the status led & reset momentary contact button.

They are $69 here, http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=129
    I can pull a screen shot of the lc-1 output config for this gauge if needed.
    So, I am curious if the MegaSquirt system can be made to fire injectors individually, instead of batch fired. Any idea?
    Martin, I've got a 2 1/16" AFR gauge. I just needed somewhere to mount the LED and button.

So guys, i've been struggling trying to determine how to handle RPM input from my stock ECU/Motor into the MegaSquirt ecu. Real quick run down:

Two types of RPM sensors:

1) VR signal - AC current, two wires
    2) Hall Effect Sensor - DC current - 1 wire

The output from the ECU to the tach is 1 wire, implying a hall effect sensor... more on that later.

I had no idea what type of sensor the crank position sensor was - no one could help me. I am sort of pioneering this setup too, so I thought I hit a large brick wall that would lead to me testing the sensor blindly. You see, the MegaSquirt has both circuits to handle either the VR (ac) or Hall (dc) current. However, you need to jumper a few things in order to select between the two. So, if I had jumpered Hall effect and it were VR, i would more than likely fry some components (easily obtainable, however, just annoying).

Then my good friend Scott H provided me with a PDF:

Here you see, 67 and 68 are CLEARLY identified as AC current which explicitly describes a VR circuit! Then ther eis the lonely tachometer lead, which i was going to try, but it turns out its a square wave signal. So, moral of the story is... thanks HUGELy to Scott H for supplying me with great info. And now the project continues.

This weekend I will get this welded into my x-pipe on my exhaust:

it is a secondary oxygen sensor bung/fitting so i can install my wideband sensor.

the wideband controller looks like this:

This is really fun, or at least I think so!

I find this largely useless (I barely own an e34), but its still neat. We messsed with square wave stuff in Electric Network Analysis.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast