GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spent the day hanging over the indy’s shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Rigmaster
    Yeah, I love Carl too........OH, you said BreTT!!!

He seems to have every nook and cranny of that place packed full of old BMW parts- mostly 2002's and CS coupes.

Bret.

You got it right. There was a 2002 that had vines hanging off it that the leaves were still green. It was definitely interesting walking around looking at the cars and parts. There was a 60 porche convertible there being detailed. I left my pocket camera at work on Thursday or I would have taken pictures of the place with all the coupes on up on the lifts and posted them. When I go back for my stainless steel muffler I will take pictures and put a listing for La Jolla Independent in the recommended repair places on this board.

Except I don't think Carl wants any more business. On Thursday, he had 5 tow trucks drop off cars for repairs. Apparently some days, the tow trucks are lined up on the boulevard waiting to get in.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Im proud to have a shop like this... I actually sold my first E36 BMW a year ago to finance a backpacking trip through Europe.. When I got back in the country, my first priority was to buy another BMW to take to my shop. Ive never felt this comfort level from a mechanic... the owner of the shop answers the phone every time, he knows me by name... and knows my goals, ideas for my car (sometimes he tells me Im nuts for the things I want to do).

He has also seen my little sisters Jetta, and about 10 of my clients/coworkers BMW's....

If his shop stays in business, Ill own BMW's for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by hakwuzhere
    Im proud to have a shop like this... I actually sold my first E36 BMW a year ago to finance a backpacking trip through Europe.. When I got back in the country, my first priority was to buy another BMW to take to my shop. Ive never felt this comfort level from a mechanic... the owner of the shop answers the phone every time, he knows me by name... and knows my goals, ideas for my car (sometimes he tells me Im nuts for the things I want to do).

He has also seen my little sisters Jetta, and about 10 of my clients/coworkers BMW's....

If his shop stays in business, Ill own BMW's for the rest of my life.

Where is your shop? Have you posted it in the Recommended Bimmer Repair Facilities?

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Where is your shop? Have you posted it in the Recommended Bimmer Repair Facilities?

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Of course I have... Dennis is the man... I live in Arlington VA, and the shop is 25 miles from me, but worth the drive.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=16654

I still plan on checking out the shop thats recommended in Alexandria (about 3 miles away) but nothing is going to make me leave my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7
    you can't be serious...this is from an 01 330i?

You know the E90 has no dipstick, right?

These days, BMW is in the business of selling cars, not building them....sad to say.

best, whit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123