GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last day of classes.... ugh never be an MIS student

Default Last day of classes.... ugh never be an MIS student

Never be a management of information systems (mis) student. Today is the day i hand in the project i spent months on. We were to design a standalone system classroom for the IT/CS/MATH department including network, database, security, work study, maintenance, you name it, its got it.

So yeah I had THE WORST GROUP EVER! I honestly wish this had been an individual project. I did most of the work anyway! However, the one kid made the title page (gosh, so much thought there!) and put my name last. Cool. I cannot wait to fill out the assessment paper!

look at this monster:

300 pages of... agony.

On a positive note, its done. Also, because of 8" of snow we got at 3am, my marketing presentation was cancelled with no make up date and no negative effect on my grade! Woooo!

looks very labor intensive, what kind of job does that set you up for, i dont really understand?

haha

what sucks is you just did thousands of dollars of work for the university and they wont cut you a single cent of slack on your tuition.

i used to be a cs major..
    -Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by peks
    haha

what sucks is you just did thousands of dollars of work for the university and they wont cut you a single cent of slack on your tuition.

i used to be a cs major..
    Kyle: IT Management/Administration

Peks: I am aware. It's a learning device. I get to keep the project to show when I go on interviews.

The wors part is that my 2 "partners" were seniors who just didn't give a f-. I am a junior, and have had less experience than them both, and they expect an "good" assessment.

Been there, done that. I was CIS, so a little more computer classes on top of what you have. I always hated group projects but like they say, in the real world you will have to work with groups including people that are worthless, believe me, I have a whole office full of them

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Urgh, I'm glad I skipped school

group projects can blow in Uni. You always end up carrying the rest of the lot. I don't mind collaborating if the group actually helps out! Best of luck man....I have one more final to write and a research paper to revise....it makes revision hard when your professor doesn't get your paper and the rest of the class does. In the end, who's handing out the grades...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Never be a management of information systems (mis) student. Today is the day i hand in the project i spent months on. We were to design a standalone system classroom for the IT/CS/MATH department including network, database, security, work study, maintenance, you name it, its got it.

So yeah I had THE WORST GROUP EVER! I honestly wish this had been an individual project. I did most of the work anyway! However, the one kid made the title page (gosh, so much thought there!) and put my name last. Cool. I cannot wait to fill out the assessment paper!

look at this monster:

300 pages of... agony.

On a positive note, its done. Also, because of 8" of snow we got at 3am, my marketing presentation was cancelled with no make up date and no negative effect on my grade! Woooo!

schnell944

Quote Originally Posted by brodee
    Been there, done that. I was CIS, so a little more computer classes on top of what you have. I always hated group projects but like they say, in the real world you will have to work with groups including people that are worthless, believe me, I have a whole office full of them
    Unfortunately, I went to Drexel for my first year, and have about... 6 or 7 CS courses, logic, programming, etc. I was CS/EE there, I should probably look into a minor, but ugh i can't do this anymore haha. One more year, I tell myself.

i would never ever write a 300 page paper...
    my max is 10

Try size 24 font
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast