GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M540I Sport!!!

Damn. That looks sweet.

BTW, just because he's asking a number doesn't mean you have to pay it.

e.g.:
    He say's he has blizzaks on the t-stars (I dunno, mebbe I'm oldschool but that seems like a waste), and the schnitzers come as well. Well, $12.5k is your opening bid, w/o schnitzers. He comes back at $15k. You say $13.5 take it or leave it. He say's ok, and when you go to give the check and get the title, I bet you can pick up the Schnitzers for nothing, because once he has sold the car- psychologically, his perception of the value of accessories drops real fast.

Nikasil is red herring, I agree. I think some other posters are going lightly over the rarity of this car. This is an extremely rare car, and very possibly the lowest mileage example available. In decent colors too. I think there only 250 or so real ones in the US. Alot of fakes too.
    Last edited by tim; 12-08-2005 at 09:55 AM.
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

about this bumper: the center fins start right at the fog. I believe my bumper has a flat piece first then the fins. It looks like the fins spread wider on this one. Don't care if it's for any reason, I just like it better. Am I seeing things or are there fin replacements for my flat piece?

btw, on my 530 bumper, one side is flat and the other has a vent that cools the alternator/voltage regulator.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Default Not true.

/
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypr5
    limited time.

but most likely if the nikisil hasn't caused a problem by now, it won't in the future.

Default Also not true

Quote Originally Posted by ra_pro
    The gas being sold now is a lot less cleaner with a fraction of the sulphur it used to have in 1995 when the car came out. Consequently if the engine is still good there is little chance that it will be damaged in the future. To be on the safe side I would still recommend to do research find which gas is cleanest where you live and buy only that gas. In Canada I only buy from Sunoco which has supposedly the cleanest gas.

Default Top tier gas has no relation to the levels of sulfur which attack the

nikasil block. Top tier is the level of detergents present to clean injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy
    http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html

For the states at least, gasoline that meets higher standards in part developed by BMW. The only ones I buy from.

Default Geoff....I believe there is a difference

I see 51 11 2 230 403/404 look to be fin-like in the ETK
    I see 51 11 2 232 631/632 are the ones use on the bumper on my M5 and they are flat

BUT......the bumper covers themselves have two different part numbers. One is probably for 540 stuff to hook up properly (ducting, etc) and the other for M5 stuff to hook up properly (ducting, etc). I CANNOT tell if the parts are interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring
    about this bumper: the center fins start right at the fog. I believe my bumper has a flat piece first then the fins. It looks like the fins spread wider on this one. Don't care if it's for any reason, I just like it better. Am I seeing things or are there fin replacements for my flat piece?

wouls still rather buy this M5, everyone tells me its super rare, one of two in the us in this color, plus a BRAND NEW engine to boot, all for 14k obo, m5 for me please

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    I see 51 11 2 230 403/404 look to be fin-like in the ETK
    I see 51 11 2 232 631/632 are the ones use on the bumper on my M5 and they are flat

BUT......the bumper covers themselves have two different part numbers. One is probably for 540 stuff to hook up properly (ducting, etc) and the other for M5 stuff to hook up properly (ducting, etc). I CANNOT tell if the parts are interchangeable.
    That has me thinking about the M5 bumpers I am putting on my 3.0v8. If those fins are actually directing air somewhere, there's a good chance that will help me more than hurt me.

I have to act fast as they are almost ready to begin the paint process and two more pieces won't change anything.

I have to call Patrick today anyway.

thanks again, scott

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

I've never seen a bumper cover with the fins like that. Mine are still black, but have about half fins vs the flat plate that was there before.

Part #s from this link.
    http://lennon.csufresno.edu/%7Ejag62/grille.html
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Oh Bill, your still jealous cause Nikisil is faster and lighter than their Alusil counterparts...come true man!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast