GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Holiday - it even has e34's :part 1

Default Hawaii Holiday - it even has e34's :part 1

We flew into Honolulu on the island of Oahu were we stayed 6 days. Our hotel was the Radisson at Waikiki on the 33rd floor with mountain views.

We spent 2 days doing Pearl Harbor tours of the USS Arizona Memorial, the USS Missouri (battleship) and the USS Bowfin (submarine).

We used the great bus service to get around Oahu, where I did spot a few E34's, but not all that many. The car we saw a lot was the new '05 Mustang which I really like the look of. I hadn't seen these before (I don't read car magazines). The retro design is similar to '67-'68 Mustangs - I like.

See Part 2
    Last edited by Phil Sanderson; 11-28-2005 at 08:26 PM. Reason: pics were too big

Default Hawaii Holiday :part 2

Our final 4 days were at Kona on "the Big Island" of Hawaii where we toured as much as possible. Here is one of those sunsets that just says to you people putting your cars away for the winter - "Wish you were here"

Whilst waiting for our flight home from Honolulu we were treated to some takeoff and landing by 6 F15's which are based right there beside the airport. This little show was the best way to say goodbye to me.

It was a great little holiday, we can't wait to do it again.

regards
    Phil
    Last edited by Phil Sanderson; 11-28-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Default Nice Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Sanderson
    We flew into Honolulu on the island of Oahu were we stayed 6 days. Our hotel was the Radisson at Waikiki on the 33rd floor with mountain views.
    That large grassy area is called the Ala Wai Golf Course. It is one of the most busiest courses in the nation and is spread out on extremely prime property right outside of Waikiki. It has always been a point of discussion as to best use and most economically efficient use of prime property for the city and county of Honolulu. As a golfer, well you know where I stand.....
    Nestled up against the valley's hillside are three cylindrical buildings that is home to dorm residents attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
    The Mighty Mo is a great visit too, I attended a retirement ceremony on the ship and it was extremely impressive.

Glad you had a nice time! Sorry about the cloudy weather we've had over the past week. It appears to be slowly clearing up.

The shot of the sunset over the pool is a 1 in 500 shot mate, LOL
    Glad you had a great holiday, I know you've been looking forward to this for a long time.
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

Those longboards look great on the Touring! Maybe I'll get one just for show!
    Scott
    '93 525iT 245k miles (sold, but not forgotten)
    '11 TSX Sport Wagon
    '00 328i
    '78 MGB
    '08 Saab Aero

Know that hotel well. Used to be the Prince Kuhio. Stay there about 3 times a year on business. Cheese burger in Paradise is the next block over on the strip. They line up an hour before sunrise everyday to play golf there. Pearl is a real soobering experience. Glad ya had a good time. Rob

Default And My E34 misses the island, esp the H-3! Whoo-hoo....

...the wonderful H-3.

Too bad you didn't post sooner, folks could have recommended some out of the way places... hope you got to eat at L&L Diner, or at least Yummys!

alojas,
    Rob.

It's amazing out there. My freshman year we got to do a training trip to Maui, for 700 bucks for 10 days. Incredible. One of my friends got beat up by a local for "snaking his wave."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

My brother is over in Hawaii now as one of my cousins (who lives in Chicago) decided to get married there.
    I didn't go as my wife and I are going to India for 3 weeks, starting Dec. 8.

Phil, I sent you an email regarding the arcticle, did you get it?

Mark

Phil--The sunset picture is sooo beautiful (and I don't even like Hawaii, but I really like that picture). Made it my wallpaper so it is a gift that keeps on giving. Thanks.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast