GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tuning without airflow meter

Default tuning without airflow meter

hi everyone in down here in nz and thought you might be interested in a unit we produce down here, its called a mapecu. we sell these around the world and have very good results with them and will run any car retaining the stock ecu. it has alot of user friendly features and is done thru a laptop.
    we have a cancelled shippment here we are moving for 399us.
    you can checkout the features and play with the software on mapecu.co.nz
    steve

I don't get it. You say it retains the stock ecu, so then how does it change the fuel maps if its just a MAF replacement?

if you have a look at the web site itll explain more in detail, basicly it uses a map sensor built into the mapecu which can be configured to what you need based on map signal and tps, im surprised there isnt more questions. we use to sell it thru powerhaus racing in the states but is also sold thru other dealers.
    it also has a learn mode that helps base setup when set in the car for a week, from there you can run forced induction or n/a or what ever you wish. its user friendly and we have on line surport, steve

does this even work on our E34s? I dont think it does and thats why people are not interested.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    does this even work on our E34s? I dont think it does and thats why people are not interested.
    sir Jeff. this mod will be more common.

yes it does which is why i have it on my 520i, we sell these world wide and itll do any form of a/f meter, vonkarmen, maf, mas, map. simce i have a e34 that im turboing and runing multi throttle bodies i thought it maybe of interest, my main business is building custom turbos for people around the world and i also cast up my own hsg's and parts for them, i also write for a mag called" new zealand performance car" which can also be found on the web.
    im not doing this to push my products just thought it might be of help and of use to others,we also took the mapecu to SEMA last year which was well recived.
    thankyou for your time guys

Quote Originally Posted by crunchy
    yes it does which is why i have it on my 520i, we sell these world wide and itll do any form of a/f meter, vonkarmen, maf, mas, map. simce i have a e34 that im turboing and runing multi throttle bodies i thought it maybe of interest, my main business is building custom turbos for people around the world and i also cast up my own hsg's and parts for them, i also write for a mag called" new zealand performance car" which can also be found on the web.
    im not doing this to push my products just thought it might be of help and of use to others,we also took the mapecu to SEMA last year which was well recived.
    thankyou for your time guys
    no problem. keep us updated on the turbo install. i like the idea of this setup, you would need a new chip at least to control the ignition timing. will you be running this map setup on your car crunchy?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    no problem. keep us updated on the turbo install. i like the idea of this setup, you would need a new chip at least to control the ignition timing. will you be running this map setup on your car crunchy?
    i am already, and its alot more advanced than the split second product

Quote Originally Posted by crunchy
    i am already, and its alot more advanced than the split second product
    how is it more advanced, more features you mean? tell us more about your unit.

www.mapecu.co.nz, thatll give you an idea of what it can do. wer've even used it on a new range rover with a stroker motor that couldnt be fixed with an emulator, as i said i thought it might be of interest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast