GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Where can I get 17" gun metal wheels...

Default Where can I get 17" gun metal wheels...

Like a porsche. I've searched shops, but the results are shabby. Do I have to paint my own?--I hate that idea. Suggestions from master modders appreciated.

I would never claim to be a master modder, but I did paint my own with wheels gunmetal centers. At the time, there was a shortage of Wurth silver (the best I hear) so I used Dupli Color products (Gunmetal, Silver, & clear) with pretty decent results. The hardest part of the job was masking off the wheels for two colors. It's been about two years now and the paint is holding up well. It chips easy with the lug wrench though...it makes you be careful pulling wheels off. It also depends on which style wheels you would be painting. I'm sure some would be a lot easier than others. My humble $0.02.

zmuff--1989 535i 5-speed--17" E39 Style 32's--JC chip--UUC Short Shift--
    --Racing Dynamics Springs & Sways--Bilsteins--Yorktown, VA

Your wheels look super nice. I can't find a picture of the wheels I'd like to have, but they would be predominantly non spoked. oooohhhh from some of you, I'm sure, but I'd really really like sort of a gun metal disk in stead of spokes.--??

Quote Originally Posted by zmuff
    I would never claim to be a master modder, but I did paint my own with wheels gunmetal centers. At the time, there was a shortage of Wurth silver (the best I hear) so I used Dupli Color products (Gunmetal, Silver, & clear) with pretty decent results. The hardest part of the job was masking off the wheels for two colors. It's been about two years now and the paint is holding up well. It chips easy with the lug wrench though...it makes you be careful pulling wheels off. It also depends on which style wheels you would be painting. I'm sure some would be a lot easier than others. My humble $0.02.
    Very nice!

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip