GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Repairing power windows?

Default Repairing power windows?

Ok, one of my power windows died (driver's, damn!); it was sticking for a long while, and now it refuses to come down at all. Fuses are all fine, and there is a clicking noise coming from the door when I press the button. I would like to get in there and repair it myself.... But, well, this is rather embarassing, I do not know how to take off the door panels

My Bentley says to take off the mirror controls in the armrest, but these are a couple of flimsy plastic pieces that will break off at the slightest provocation. Second, there is a screw behind a round plastic button behind the door handle (hope that made sense) that is supposed to come off (the button), but it will not for the life of me. Do dealer mechanics have God's own strength or shall I just drilli t out and buy a new one?

use a tiny screwdriver and pop it out, theres a flat at the bottom (i think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Traian
    Ok, one of my power windows died (driver's, damn!); it was sticking for a long while, and now it refuses to come down at all. Fuses are all fine, and there is a clicking noise coming from the door when I press the button. I would like to get in there and repair it myself.... But, well, this is rather embarassing, I do not know how to take off the door panels

My Bentley says to take off the mirror controls in the armrest, but these are a couple of flimsy plastic pieces that will break off at the slightest provocation. Second, there is a screw behind a round plastic button behind the door handle (hope that made sense) that is supposed to come off (the button), but it will not for the life of me. Do dealer mechanics have God's own strength or shall I just drilli t out and buy a new one?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

when you get the mirror switch out theres a screw in behind there, too. mine was a torx. got some pics if you want, just replaced my drivers glass sat.
    -Pekka

Sure, thanks a bunch, I'd really appreciate that. You can email it to me and I will post it, in case anyone else is wondering....
    traian [at] fantasycars.com