GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT, Question for the camera buffs out there

Default OT, Question for the camera buffs out there

I'm getting a new camera for my wife and and am torn in 3 directions on it. Wanted to get opinions from people who have used any of these 3 models that i may get.... Nikon S4, the casio ex-z750 and the fuji f10 .. Thanks for any viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    I'm getting a new camera for my wife and and am torn in 3 directions on it. Wanted to get opinions from people who have used any of these 3 models that i may get.... Nikon S4, the casio ex-z750 and the fuji f10 .. Thanks for any viewpoints.
    My own personal chart:
    1. Nikon S4
    2. Fuji F10
    3. Casio EX-Z750
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Nikon all the way---they have led the digi camera market hands down,

Other wise your looking @ a keyboard maker, and a film maker.

The choice seems obvious!

I know it wasn't asked, but you might also consider Canon. I love my Powershot Pro 1.

Sample pic - (large filesize)
    http://www.guapozx.com/guapo/albums/.../eIMG_0803.jpg

I would recommend a canon, too.. I have used nikons, and especially their cheaper ones are pretty crappy imho.

go to bestbuy or someplace and try them out.

check dpreview.com the best site i have found for specs and comparing digi cams

i have a canon sd300 right now and i love it. its small, has metal case so it can take a beating in my pocket while im snowboarding, and 4.0 mp is plenty for most of what i do. canon has been the leader in digi cams and they have the best pic quality in most of the comparos ive seen.

what are you going to use it for?

Aw, that's sweet, buying Yvonne a camera....what'd you do??? =)

Go with the Nikon...it's only an opinion, I haven't used the model you have listed, but I have owned several Nikon SLR's and Digital models and can say that they beat the competition hands down.

Just what did you do anyway???? he,he,he...

Default Its her birthday coming up, I thought i'd get her a nano and a

camera.... I myself am leaning towards the nikon since it has tilt lcd like yours and that combined with 6mp and a 10x optical lens which works out to about 400mm tele.... but i have a 10x optical on one of my olympus digitals and its about impossible for me to get a full zoom shot without a tripod to eliminate shake... I didn't know if the nikon would have the same problem or if the best shot function would help to control that.
    But then again the easiest quickest one is clearly the casio. but stories about lens error malfunctions with this one is the only thing keeping me from buying it...
    The fuji has an iso of up to 1600 and low light photos seem to be great, something that none of my other digitals has the capablity for...
    So Jr as you probably guessed this is for her but i plan on getting my use out of it too.. All of these are close to the same price or within 50 bucks or so.. the casio is the most since its a very high demand one right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Aw, that's sweet, buying Yvonne a camera....what'd you do??? =)

Go with the Nikon...it's only an opinion, I haven't used the model you have listed, but I have owned several Nikon SLR's and Digital models and can say that they beat the competition hands down.

Just what did you do anyway???? he,he,he...
    Last edited by Bill R.; 10-21-2005 at 04:28 PM.

Haven't used any of those, but I think you'll like one of these better.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...ta_5d&show=all

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...xz750&show=all

Paul Shovestul

Last edited by Bellicose Right Winger; 10-21-2005 at 05:35 PM.
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

Default I don't think so Paul, she and i both want a point and shoot pocketable camera for

this one and 6 megapixels, 300 pics per battery charge and a 2.5 inch lcd or bigger all fit the description of what we're looking for .. add a 1gb sd card and she should have a decent point and shoot..

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose Right Winger
    Haven't used any of those, but I think you'll like one of these better.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...ta_5d&show=all

Paul Shovestul

Tell her "Happy Birthday" for me!

A tri-pod is a must for long telephoto shots, the auto feature might override your preference in order to obtain the "shakeless" shot, but digitals in general usually do poorly in low light conditions as compared to SLR's.
    You can use the camera strap to help minimize tele-shot blur by wrapping it around your shoulder and under your elbow to cinch the camera onto your hand and then plant your elbow into your middle section to gain a more steady "human" tripod...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast