GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Vogtland or Sachs or ?

Default Vogtland or Sachs or ?

Will be lowering my 90 535im soon! Have read a lot about a lot of set ups. Now the Vogtland springs are starting to show up. The car will be a daily driver on various roads running staggered T-stars. Look for that classy lowered look of the German muscle. Car will see some track but not the main purpose. Help me make up my mind? What are your fender to ground height front and rear of yours? Who rub and when? Whose are to harsh to ride in?
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

I have Eibach's, their low with the V8 and do scrunch on big bumps, nothing that hits on the highway or the likes of that.

Peter has the vogtlands and that looks real low too, I have no personal experience with them in my car so I cant really comment.

Dont do the BavAuto springs with the V8 thats all I can confirm with you.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Sachs

Just check all the posts. Have them on my car for about a year or so and love them. Great on the track, but not that harsh on normal roads- this is probably due to the progressive spring setup. There is no real difference is the ride quality under normal driving conditions, but the suspension stiffens up in nicely and predictably in turns. If you run a lower profile tire you will feel every pebble and lose that nice luxury ride. I normally run the stock 15” wheels and change over to 17” for the track (not staggered). There is a noticeable difference with the 17’s. Car handles better, but the smoothness is gone.
    Chip
    '92 535i 5sp
    EAT chip, Sachs kit, RRT sport control and upper thrust arms, SS brakelines, Camber plates, Subframe inserts, 3.64 Diff, M5 (3.6L) calipers.
    '87 325iS