GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 540i on eBay

Default 540i on eBay

eBay car:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...QQcmdZViewItem

I went to see it today and it looks great, but the dealer absolutely flipped out when I asked to take it to my mechanic. Too bad, I wish I could've found out if it was a good car. Some weird engine/clutch things when I drove it (which he let me do for <1mi), but this was my fist 4L, so I didn't know what to expect.

If you know these cars well, it might be worth a look - assuming he even lets you look at it. Carfax has 24 records, not that that necessarily means bad news. Still, very suspicious.

It doesnt sound like a dealer that i would buy anything from.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

So it's a "BEMER" that the owner took great "CAR" of, eh? Looks kinda beat up to me in some of those pictures. Lots of scratches and dings. And (drum roll please) not a word about NIKASIL. No wonder the guy flipped when you wanted to have a good look at it.

Was that Boston Green? My late, great M-Roadster was Boston Green. What a cool color that is. AFAIK, it was the only dichroic paint ever offered by BMW, and was pretty rare.

the idle is real high sporting a check engine lite too...could be simple could be a nightmare. Thats why he didnt want yo to take it anywhere, their trying to just off it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by integrale
    eBay car:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...QQcmdZViewItem

I went to see it today and it looks great, but the dealer absolutely flipped out when I asked to take it to my mechanic. Too bad, I wish I could've found out if it was a good car. Some weird engine/clutch things when I drove it (which he let me do for <1mi), but this was my fist 4L, so I didn't know what to expect.

If you know these cars well, it might be worth a look - assuming he even lets you look at it. Carfax has 24 records, not that that necessarily means bad news. Still, very suspicious.
    I wonder what the reserve is?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I saw and watched that when it started. Steve, boston green was a later addition ('96? I've seen it on Z3s built around then); oxford green was what the late E34s wore in that hue.

Best, whit

It was a circus. The guy was nuts. He was impatient the whole time once he saw how young I am. Does he really think someone in their early 20's can's summon $7k? My record so far with eBay cars: 0-2. The first one blew coolant all over the engine bay when I stepped on the gas, and now this one.

It's not actually that beat up...the scratches are very minor, there's a touch of rust (not yet through the paint, of course) under the front doors. No dents and all the panels look original. Windshield's cracked and the rearview mirror is dangling from the wires - looks like a botched replacement. Jerk probably tried to do it himself. Driver's seat was a little worn, but everything else worked great and looked wonderful. Still, no mechanic, no car.

When I asked about the Nikasil, he said, "I had a '98 540 with 200k miles with the same engine as this, and that didn't have any problems..."

Always nice to buy from an enthusiast.

I remeber my youth and being shunned by impatient salesmen. I wouldnt buy whatever I looked at but would go into the office and mention the salesman that didnt have any interest in me when I was looking at a particular car, then say he was ultimatly rude...pull a fat wad of cash out of my pocket and tell them I will go where I can be more appreciated.

They would run after me when I did that...youth sucked in that aspect but I'd be willing to give it a go again!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Missing the front brake ducts too. Scary......
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    I wouldnt buy whatever I looked at but would go into the office and mention the salesman that didnt have any interest in me when I was looking at a particular car, then say he was ultimatly rude...pull a fat wad of cash out of my pocket and tell them I will go where I can be more appreciated.

HAHA, I think I'll try that. Think $1k in 20's would do the trick? Maybe I need a money clip too.

It doesn't help that I roll up in a 12 year old station wagon...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast