GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Airbag light glowing

Default Airbag light glowing

my first question then, hope you guys can help, had no joy from uk boards.

* the airbag light on my E34 started glowing 6 months ago, i have put up with it but now it is annoying me. The strange thing is my car is a non airbag model. i have opened up the cluster and taken out the bulb, but it still glows.

upon further investigation i found a small led on the circuit board that is right in line with the airbag lamp that is lit up on the radio stage of the ignition onwards.

could this be something to do with my seatbelt pretensioners?
    anyone know a fix? cause of this?
    Iain

1993 BMW 525 TDS SE 150K 2.5 Turbo Diesel, performance air filter, lowered sports suspension 30mm, full stainless decat exhaust, boot-lid spoiler, OBC retrofit, E60 Trapezoid alloys

Could it be possible that your car was possibly wrecked and replaced with a non-airbag wheel? Just something to look into. Also, what does your non-airbag wheel from '93 look like?
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    Could it be possible that your car was possibly wrecked and replaced with a non-airbag wheel? Just something to look into. Also, what does your non-airbag wheel from '93 look like?
    the airbag model in the UK came a couple of months later, my original wheel was a 4 spoke leather one, i replaced it with the M style leather wheel. the light was glowing before this though, nothing to do with the steering wheel.

i was thinking it might be something to do with the seatbelt pretensioners? do they need changed at all? the light seemed to start glowing when the car got to 10 years old? co-incidence?
    Iain

1993 BMW 525 TDS SE 150K 2.5 Turbo Diesel, performance air filter, lowered sports suspension 30mm, full stainless decat exhaust, boot-lid spoiler, OBC retrofit, E60 Trapezoid alloys