GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Problem/question with Remote

Default Problem/question with Remote

Thanks to DaCan23 for the batteries!

Of course it didn't work, when I opened the case to replace the battery, a piece fell out and does not have an obvious home in the case.

It's a rectangular chip with the part number? on the back - BH428 3121A - the other side consists of 8 brass contact points and a raised black plastic pad? It's a small piece (of course) about 1X2 cm.

If anyone can tell me where it goes or post a pic of your remote, maybe I'll get it to work again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater
    Of course it didn't work, when I opened the case to replace the battery, a piece fell out and does not have an obvious home in the case.

It's a rectangular chip with the part number? on the back - BH428 3121A - the other side consists of 8 brass contact points and a raised black plastic pad? It's a small piece (of course) about 1X2 cm.

If anyone can tell me where it goes or post a pic of your remote, maybe I'll get it to work again.

Thanks
    That is the frequency chip for the remote. There is a socket in there that it plugs into at about a 30 degree angle to the board and then you snap it down parallel to the board.

From Qsilver7's site -

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Default Many thanks.

I have a working remote!

And sheepishly, it appears that that chip had fallen out of it's socket all along.

I just have to hand out compliments again for this site and the participants. It's a fine group of folks and I hope I can make an occasional contribution. I'll be happy to buy you a soda....

Thank you!

I have a working remote!

And sheepishly, it appears that that chip had fallen out of it's socket all along.

I just have to hand out compliments again for this site and the participants. It's a fine group of folks and I hope I can make an occasional contribution. I'll be happy to buy you a soda....

Thank you!
    Congrats on fixing your remote. I get a real charge every time I can get something that didn't used to work to function again.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Thank you!
    Glad it works for you now. Shoot your thanks over to Qsilver7, he posted that back when I was having issues with mine.

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

LOL, glad you got the batteries... well now you have spares or if you get a second remote and need a battery.

Yeah I drop my keys so often I knock out the chip twice a year. Though I am tryin to be more careful w/ my new shinny key chains...
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

I have a working remote!

Thank you!
    Cool, I'm glad you got it working ... hopefully the pics Brodee posted helped "paint the picture" for you.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL