GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of questions for the guru's

1, no
    2, ditto pull harder, you could loosen the bumper shocks and that may be enough
    3, on a m50 motor it's dead center under the intake and sorta T shaped with a 3 wire plug
    4, if those two hoses coming from the valve cover are not connected they could be making a vacuum leak screwing up the idle and misting oil out, the big one goes to the intake boot where it goes into the throttle body (sometimes it goes to a short metal tube on one of the intake manifold supports and then to the intake boot) and the small one goes to a nipple on the fitting that the idle control valve (that one would be a vacuum leak if not connected)

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    1. Should I be worried about the mixed coolant? (green + blue )
    2. How should I get my bumper off? -Its stuck-Look at picture of bolts
    3. And lastly...Where the heck is the Idle Control Valve? I can't even find it in my Bently. I need to clean it or something, cause I've got a rough idle =,(. (most important)
    4. I have a oil leak at the top, Can't tell what it is. Coming from the two hoses coming out near the front of the engine (right next to the vanos).
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    Exactly where do you pull?
    Two people make the job much easier the first time around. The bumper is slotted at the fenders and has to be pulled straight out from there on each side. The studs should be no big deal. Just disconnect all wiring (fogs, temp switch, marker lights), undo the two 17mm nuts and pull

On the intake mess: those two vacuum lines typically go. Charles (dacoyote) recently did them on his car and may have some tips. From what I remember, there's a inner fitting involved; when the hoses can be wobbled, that fitting is bad and needs to be replaced (probably) along with the lines.

best, whit
    Last edited by Kalevera; 08-12-2005 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Two people make the job much easier the first time around. The bumper is slotted at the fenders and has to be pulled straight out from there on each side. The studs should be no big deal. Just disconnect all wiring (fogs, temp switch, marker lights), undo the two 17mm nuts and pull

On the intake mess: those two vacuum lines typically go. Charles (dacoyote) recently did them on his car and may have some tips. From what I remember, there's a inner fitting involved; when the hoses can be wobbled, that fitting is bad and needs to be replaced (probably) along with the lines.

best, whit
    Where you been whit? Havent seen you post in a long time.
    Thanks for the tip.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Default Did you already loose the side latches ...

on the bumper, just behind the side trims that appear not removed in the picture?

Turn the groove 90 degrees.

Javier

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    on the bumper, just behind the side trims that appear not removed in the picture?

Turn the groove 90 degrees.

Javier
    I had a hell of a time trying to remove them last time I had at it. They were broken....so I have to find the p/n's for those. I'm gonna try again soon.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Default Sorry, did not get it, ...

what were you unable to remove? The trims must go out to reach the bumper side latches.

Javier

Hehe...in the words of Al, I've been AROUND, ya know.

Nah, I needed a break. I was spending too much time on the computer, so I took a week off and did other stuff. It's good for balance.

Now, I hacked my way through a few more picture posts up THERE /\.

ICV is located UNDER the intake. Round, shiny metal top, two inlets and a black body. Three prong harness connector. I've replaced one on an M52; I think it's in the same location as on the M50TU -- remove the throttle body from the intake plenum and it's visible on the bottom side of the intake plenum. On the M52, it was physically attached to a bracket that held the oil dipstick, on the back half of the engine towards the firewall. Again...not sure if it's the same on the M50TU, but you know.

Oil cap looks fine. Coolant in oil usually creates whipped cream deposits. No whipped cream = happy Josh. The thing isn't still blowing smoke, is it?

BY the way, with those wheels and everything, your car is quite the looker. I'm no R. Kelly, but if she was a few years older and had a slightly bigger rack, I'd be taking her out on a date.

Seriously...I don't get why you don't like it so much? I've driven M50TU E34s and they have a bit of pep in them. If I lived in Cali, I'd help you drop an S50 in it. Vroom.

best, whit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12