GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: installing EAT chip/could somone pls explain how get top board.....

Default installing EAT chip/could somone pls explain how get top board.....

off in the ecu? i've tried to simultaneously disengage all 4 of the clips, and the top board is wiggling, but its not moving backward.....i was trying to save swapping it out until i could take it to the track and doing a before and after with time slips, but the track is apparently going to be closed until march....
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

4 clips? There are 2 clips that you have to move inwards, (look in the housing where the wiring harness connects) And then you move the top board at a 30 to 45 degree angle, and slightly twist it from side to side will pulling it also.

Did you look at the instructions on Bruno's site?

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/chip.htm

Here are some other instructions that may help:
    http://www.bmwe34m5.com/faqs/?theme=...nt_id_select=3

(installing an EAT chip in an M5, but it's the same dual board system you have)

Mark

Default yeah i know...

the two yellow post things by the wire harness. i take it i have to wiggle it pretty hard? thought the clip things in the outer connector were integral to extracting. i looked at bruno's site already though, and logun's e36 page, but that one has a single board.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

pop it up off the yellow clips including the center one, lift the back of the board about an inch, then pop in a small screwdriver or paper clip to disengage the side clips (where it plugs into the harness) and pry it back...was a biatch first 2 times I did it but its really easy now.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy