GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: C.E. Light Came On Tonight......

Default C.E. Light Came On Tonight......

The check engine light came on tonight on the way home- When I got home I hooked up the Snap-On scanner to it. It read-

"13 (code)- o2 Sensor Circuit"

I am assuming that this would be a faulty O2 sensor correct? The Touring has had some really rotten smelling exhaust fumes, followed by a dip in the MPG (25 highway).

Just wanted to make sure it was the sensor as the Bentley mentions something about the o2 realy as well.

On a side note- The DME in the M3 took a crap on Saturday (at the BMW meet of all places!!) That was $455 Now the Touring!! These things tend to happen in threes!!!!

PS- My sig picture is dedicated to the M3 today

Thanks~
    Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL

Better check your cats first. I had same smelly situation, thought there was an exhaust leak. My muffin man put the car up, and tapped my cats and you could hear all the filaments had disintegrated. When he took them out they were practically hollow. I did have rattling cats for about a week beforehand. Had him cut in DOT grade cats, and saved a bunch of money...there really is no difference...cleaning exhaust wise or performance.

Ended up not doing the .02's at all...yet.

Made some Touring clears instead

Don, I thought your 'T' was nice(still do) man that M3 is very SWEEEEEET!
    Mike(envious)

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

Default Thanks Guys -> (m)

Thanks for the kind words Mikey She is fun to drive!!

530iTouring- I like the clear look to the tail lights. I just ordered the BMW smoked OEM ones for turn signals on the sides of the fenders (cheap eBay ones held H2Oin them ). The BMW ones were very reasonable something like $18/ each & came complete w/ bulbs & harnesses!!

Question to you is: On the Euro ///M5 & 530 Tourings, did they come w/ smoked or clear (OEM) tail lights (before they were federalized in the US)? I would like to order a set from the dealer (ECE on the ETK) but there is nothing out there for the Touring (aftermarket Hella or otherwise)!! I am not as brave as you but your tail lights look awesome!

Thanks Touring Brotha' ~

Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL

Default Sorry I missed you all at Markham Don.....

....but I was having all sorts of fun by myself trying to replace my headlamp assembly. I almost thought about duct taping it together and going to find you guys, but as it was I had the wrong part anyway. It was a beautiful day though. Hope you all have a great time. I'll try next time though!

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default No Problem Brian!

Almost 70 cars showed up! Probably half of them were E46 M3's!! You should have brought your car as we could have fixed the headlight there!! MY M3 "died" upon parking into my spot at the show.

After 2 hours of trouble-shooting & swapping parts off my buddy Mark's M3- it was my DME! What are the chances of that!! $455 later- she runs like a scalded cat & has a new DME Now the Touring is getting her attention (a new o2 sensor & oil change)..... These things hapen in 3's.... Knocking on wood- (actually knocking on my forehead!!)

If you need help on your headlight, gimme a buzz!

Take Care,
    Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL

Default Thanks, will do......

....and ya know, those little E30s are looking more and more like fun everyday! Maybe someday..........

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Don McAdams
    Question to you is: On the Euro ///M5 & 530 Tourings, did they come w/ smoked or clear (OEM) tail lights (before they were federalized in the US)? I would like to order a set from the dealer (ECE on the ETK) but there is nothing out there for the Touring (aftermarket Hella or otherwise)!! I am not as brave as you but your tail lights look awesome!

Thanks Touring Brotha' ~
    You have to make them yourself.

You order the lenses from http://www.reproglas.com/bmw.html There are instructions on the site, and I can help you if you do it.

I bought a second set of rear buckets from someone here on the board for real cheap.

For your car, I'd definetely say it's worth it. It's so tastefully modified, rear clears are all that's left. I also have clear side markers which I painted the white plastic black and they look great too.

For smoked effect, I bought some window tint, and brushed it on the inside of the lens, and immediately thought it was too dark. Wiping it out with a paper towel left just enough residue to make it perfect for me. I have a whole bottle left, so if you go this route, let me know, and I can save you the $7 and send you mine.

find the buckets first, and then get in touch with me on the whole procedure. I know I have the whole thing posted in the archives somewhere. Here repro's instructions http://www.touringklubben.com/whiteBlinkEng.asp
    Last edited by Elekta; 02-25-2004 at 11:19 AM.

This is my favorite touring from the touringklubben site. I really want that radio antenna or one that mounts there and is motorized to retract. Anyone got a pn# for that item? pretty please?

Don, your sweet ride should get this mod. I taped up my amber bulb and sprayed the tip with silver testors paint to elim the egg effect though.

Default Thanks Buddy......

I will think about it. Something just makes me break out in a cold vicious sweat when thinking about cutting open my Touring tail lights !!!!!

I just ordered the rear license plate filler (on the ETK, called M-Tech rear "foil"). I saw it on the E34 M5T that was over on Sunday- Man is it sweet & only $30 dealer list price!!!! I'll post a pic & part # if you need one

Take Care!
    Don McAdams
    McAdams AutoSport
    www.McAdamsAutoSport.com
    '95 E34 525iT
    '88 E30 ///M3
    '85 E30 325e
    Vero Beach, FL