GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No takers.....

Default No takers.....

on how to remove the upper dashpad eh ? I searched the forums and found 2 dead ended posts on this subject.. oh well I guess ALL my questions can't get answered here ...LOL
    1992 BMW 535 155??? Miles
    Bavarian Autosport Exhaust,17" Style 32 Rims, Black on Black and very sinister looking ... My 1st BMW and I love her .....

ukm5 Guest

whats an upper dash pad?

you mean the dashboard?

sometimes not the right people see your posts, did you search the old board archives too?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by ukm5
    whats an upper dash pad?

you mean the dashboard?
    Yes the upper half of the dashboard thats padded... geez don't be so technical... lol
    Bavarian Autosport Exhaust,17" Style 32 Rims, Black on Black and very sinister looking ... My 1st BMW and I love her .....

ukm5 Guest

all the dashboard is padded!

why do u want to remove it?

its a massive job, you have to remove almost everything next to it

Default dash

not trying to be a smart a$$, but take everything out.. all of it. start w/ the panel under the steering wheel, the glove box, and i think part of the center console.... which may just be the small piece next to the glove box.
    Just take your time and carefully remove screws, bolts, etc making note of where they came from or take digital pictures as you disassemble. That way you can reference where things go. Good luck.
    1991 535i 176k (under serious surgery: repaint, interior swap, manual conversion, etc.)
    1993 750iL 132k

all the dashboard is padded!

why do u want to remove it?

its a massive job, you have to remove almost everything next to it
    Look , no disrespect intended, but unless you are going to answer my question with something other than another question.. please stop replying to this post .. all i want is some help in removing it... "why" isn't important ...

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyT
    not trying to be a smart a$$, but take everything out.. all of it. start w/ the panel under the steering wheel, the glove box, and i think part of the center console.... which may just be the small piece next to the glove box.
    Just take your time and carefully remove screws, bolts, etc making note of where they came from or take digital pictures as you disassemble. That way you can reference where things go. Good luck.

Thank you very much for replying.. it is a lot of work just to replace the pad ... oh well it will look good when I'm done.. at least thats what i keep telling myself ... LOL

ukm5 Guest

i answered your post, i said as others have to remove everything around it, and to be perfectly frank, its fairly obvious that you have to do this and if you didnt post such stupid questions, then perhaps u would get more technical replys

also use the right wording, then people understand you, upper dash pad! WTF, its called a dashboard
    Last edited by ukm5; 05-12-2005 at 05:59 PM.

i answered your post, i said as others have to remove everything around it, and to be perfectly frank, its fairly obvious that you have to do this and if you didnt post such stupid questions, then perhaps u would get more technical replys

also use the right wording, then people understand you, upper dash pad! WTF, its called a dashboard

I have to agree... its a little vague... and the topic "No takers?" the only reason i looked was because i thought something was for sale.

took me and jason about 40 mins to remove the dashboard out of his dismantled M5... we had a ton of **** out already, goes to show how tedious it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast