GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: No Fault Policy for Auto Ins

Default No Fault Policy for Auto Ins

Anyone ever hear of this or actually use it? I only have "Liability" insurance and the accident was my fault. I initially thought I would have to pay for my damages since I don't have "Comprehensive".

http://www.carinsuranceamerica.com/n...insurance.html

"No fault auto insurance is a system adopted by certain states (New York, New Jersey, ........ Under this system, insurance companies are obligated to pay for economic damages (medical costs, damage to vehicles etc) regardless of who was at fault in the accident."

It's for the insurance companies, not you. It means they don't have to argue about who pays what; each company pays for their own driver's repairs. In a "fault" state, the company whose insured driver was at fault would pay for the other insured driver's car repairs + their own driver's car. Usually results in higher rates for everyone.

Comprehensive insurance covers damages that occur when the car was not being driven; i.e., hail, broken windows, being keyed. Your collision covers the damages that occur in a collision.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ronn227
    Anyone ever hear of this or actually use it? I only have "Liability" insurance and the accident was my fault. I initially thought I would have to pay for my damages since I don't have "Comprehensive".

http://www.carinsuranceamerica.com/n...insurance.html

"No fault auto insurance is a system adopted by certain states (New York, New Jersey, ........ Under this system, insurance companies are obligated to pay for economic damages (medical costs, damage to vehicles etc) regardless of who was at fault in the accident."
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +