GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: noise when releasing brake??

Default noise when releasing brake??

just installed new rotors and pads. front are metal pads with x-drilled rotors. rears are OEM kinda stuff. also new thrust arms in.

didn't have rotor set screws (old ones were destroyed when extracted cuz they were impossible to get out) - so both front rotors were kinda held up and pushed in place when we put the wheels on.

when i brake now, not 100% of the time but pretty consistently, i'll get a loud noise when releasing the brake. seems easiest to replicate if i get up to 15/20, brake kinda hard, then release; i don't have to be completely off, maybe 50% then i will hear a *plunk* - what could this be? is it something to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by mikedev10
    just installed new rotors and pads. front are metal pads with x-drilled rotors. rears are OEM kinda stuff. also new thrust arms in.

didn't have rotor set screws (old ones were destroyed when extracted cuz they were impossible to get out) - so both front rotors were kinda held up and pushed in place when we put the wheels on.

when i brake now, not 100% of the time but pretty consistently, i'll get a loud noise when releasing the brake. seems easiest to replicate if i get up to 15/20, brake kinda hard, then release; i don't have to be completely off, maybe 50% then i will hear a *plunk* - what could this be? is it something to worry about?

Set screws arent really REQUIRED, they make it easier to leave the brakes on when removing the wheels tho

As for the noise, check your carriers and caliper mounting bolts