GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 535i engine cover

Default 535i engine cover

Hello Again ...

I ve seen the "dressup" engine covers for the 540, 525, I think maybe even the 530... does anybody make them for the 535i ? I also noticed that Racing Dynamics manufactures a chip for pretty much every version of the E34, with the exception of the 535i ...did I buy the forgotten brother of the E34 5 Series, or am I just looking in the wrong places ??
    1992 BMW 535 155??? Miles
    Bavarian Autosport Exhaust,17" Style 32 Rims, Black on Black and very sinister looking ... My 1st BMW and I love her .....

nah, you bought the best one

Beyond cleaning up/painting/clearcoating the valve cover, there's not much you can put on an M30. I personally don't like the plastic look, but to each his own. There are a couple'a writeups floating around on cleaning up the valve cover. I started mine a few weeks ago with some serious degreaser to get rid of (some) of the cosmolene residue. I might pull and paint it eventually, but I can't afford to be without the car for more than a few days, which is what it takes, IIRC.

Are RD chips any good? Why not just get an EAT

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    nah, you bought the best one

Beyond cleaning up/painting/clearcoating the valve cover, there's not much you can put on an M30. I personally don't like the plastic look, but to each his own. There are a couple'a writeups floating around on cleaning up the valve cover. I started mine a few weeks ago with some serious degreaser to get rid of (some) of the cosmolene residue. I might pull and paint it eventually, but I can't afford to be without the car for more than a few days, which is what it takes, IIRC.

Are RD chips any good? Why not just get an EAT

best, whit
    I guess I am hesitant to spend the money on an EAT chip... because I have never heard of the company before I bought a BMW, I guess RD has been around for awhile.. along with the other "big names" , besides is the EAT chip really a performance upgrade? thats not the impresion I got from there website ... I'd love to get more info on these peices if I could ...
    1992 BMW 535 155??? Miles
    Bavarian Autosport Exhaust,17" Style 32 Rims, Black on Black and very sinister looking ... My 1st BMW and I love her .....

Default While back there was a guy...

While back there was a guy who wanted to pay $50 for a chip instead of $199 for an EAT. Later he posted about how bad the chip was and how it didn't do what was promised.

I don't recall anything but rave reviews of the EAT chip, and we have some of the most knowledgeable E34 people in the world on this board. You can buy a cheaper chip but not a better one.

Unfortunately there is no reliable dyno data on chips vs. eachother vs. stock - at least none that I came across in all my searching. Seat of the pants is the most I've ever seen and that points to the EAT as being the best. Mind you, it's not going to turn your M30 into an S38, but it will wake it up and fill in the flat spots.

HTH

Robin
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Where is that picture of George M.'s engine? That one set the bar in my opinion.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

You want to cover up an M30? They're goddamn beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    You want to cover up an M30? They're goddamn beautiful!
    "I know that's right!"

here is georges red version from the inlet side
    Gone but not forgotten

Default I still find it hard to beleive that that car has any miles on it

Im truly amazed everytime i look at it. And to think that it looks even better now with the silver valve cover.... Thats about all you can do Kriss, paint it and sand down the bars so it looks like the newer ones. I have the EAT chip in my car, i was hesitant too at first. But this many people on the board can't be wrong. You'll wonder why it didnt come from the factory with one.

thats clean, i wish i had the time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast