GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Rear Shocks fitment : 89 E34M20 US model vs Euro 95 Touring.

Default Rear Shocks fitment : 89 E34M20 US model vs Euro 95 Touring.

Gents,

My 89 E34 US model M20 engined car had Bilstein Sports shocks in the rear, I was wondering if the same shocks will fit in the rear of a Touring 95 model Euro version. The LAD has been removed, so I take it that the standard shocks are in place in the rear.

My problem is the Touring rear is TOO LOWERED. Unladen, the rear looks like my EibackProkit lowered sedan!. I figured removing the LAD causes this.

I wanted to bump it an inch higher. If those Bilsteins fits, then I could weld the lower perch 1 inch higher and solve my problem without buying new parts.

Advise appreciated.

Default you mention nothing about the springs...

Quote Originally Posted by emw525E34
    Gents,

My 89 E34 US model M20 engined car had Bilstein Sports shocks in the rear, I was wondering if the same shocks will fit in the rear of a Touring 95 model Euro version. The LAD has been removed, so I take it that the standard shocks are in place in the rear.

My problem is the Touring rear is TOO LOWERED. Unladen, the rear looks like my EibackProkit lowered sedan!. I figured removing the LAD causes this.

I wanted to bump it an inch higher. If those Bilsteins fits, then I could weld the lower perch 1 inch higher and solve my problem without buying new parts.

Advise appreciated.
    When eliminating LAD... the rear springs need to be upgraded since they serve only an ancillory function on a car with LAD. Rear self-leveling uses hydraulics to "suspend" the rear of the car and the rear springs serve as "helpers" with lateral and other secondary movements to maintain stability. When the hydraulics are removed, the shocks and springs need to be upgraded to now support the rear of the car.

Maybe your sagging problem stems from not having the correct replacement springs.

Just a thought.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Good point. I dont know if the PO has replaced the springs. How can I find out ?. Actually what springs do I need ?. The stock SEDAN springs ?.

If my Bilstein Sports rears fits, Will welding the perch 2 inches HIGHER solve the height problem as well?. This was my intent. I could order the CORRECT springs if I knew what they were!. Could you provide the part number , please. Many thanks.