GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a job, and what a job!

Default I got a job, and what a job!

OK guys, guess what, I found a job. Yes someone actually hired me. And you thought it would never happen.

Anyway, I am now a BMW new and used car sales man, at Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff Illinois! Unbelievable. From a manager in corporate america to a car salesman. But I know I couldn't have picked a better product to sell, nor a better dealership to work for. In fact, I don't think there is anything else I could have gotten into sales for other than BMW, cause as you know, I'm a bimmer nut!

And I know many of us don't like the Bangled styling of some of the new bimmers, but personally, I don't drive a bimmer for styling, I drive it for it's quality and performance.
    Although the real test to these new styles will be the test of time. We'll see how they look 5 and 10 years from now.

On another note, now that I have a job, I will be upgrading our server to a faster one. I know this one has been a tad slow, so I will remedy that issue soon! My only problem is finding another virtual server that also provides the front page extensions.
    The one I've looked at does not (http://www.raqport.com/store/merchan...ory_Code=argon).

So to end my little note; if anyone in the "Chicago Land" area needs a new or used (CPO) bimmer, let me know, I'll get you the best deal I can, which prolly won't be as good as a private sales bimmer, but it will have a warrantee. Ed Moes (847) 283-6707

And lastly, I should have more time to provide feedback and info here on the board, when sales are slow, so that's cool. But don't worry, I'm not tainted yet, I still have the E34 bimmer perspective, and don't intend to get rid of it any tim,e soon or my two E34's.

Test drives are awsome!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default Congratulations ED!!!!

Hello mate....
    Well, congrats on the job and I KNOW you will do well as it really really helps if you like your product!

Heard a lot of good things about Knauz and I understand that it's a fine place to work.

Keep the faith.....Bangle is around but, thankfully, not too hands on these days !

All the best
    "Uncle" Phil C
    2011 Kia Optima EX-P.
    Former owner of a 95 525i 5spd. "The GQ" aka A Shark in sheeps clothing
    03 R1150RT 6spd. "DaRTth"
    00 R1100R 5spd. "LeRoy"

Default Congratulations Ed, glad to that it panned out, I could think of

far worse things to do than sell bmw's. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    OK guys, guess what, I found a job. Yes someone actually hired me. And you thought it would never happen.

Anyway, I am now a BMW new and used car sales man, at Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff Illinois! Unbelievable. From a manager in corporate america to a car salesman. But I know I couldn't have picked a better product to sell, nor a better dealership to work for. In fact, I don't think there is anything else I could have gotten into sales for other than BMW, cause as you know, I'm a bimmer nut!

And I know many of us don't like the Bangled styling of some of the new bimmers, but personally, I don't drive a bimmer for styling, I drive it for it's quality and performance.
    Although the real test to these new styles will be the test of time. We'll see how they look 5 and 10 years from now.

On another note, now that I have a job, I will be upgrading our server to a faster one. I know this one has been a tad slow, so I will remedy that issue soon! My only problem is finding another virtual server that also provides the front page extensions.
    The one I've looked at does not (http://www.raqport.com/store/merchan...ory_Code=argon).

So to end my little note; if anyone in the "Chicago Land" area needs a new or used (CPO) bimmer, let me know, I'll get you the best deal I can, which prolly won't be as good as a private sales bimmer, but it will have a warrantee. Ed Moes (847) 283-6707

And lastly, I should have more time to provide feedback and info here on the board, when sales are slow, so that's cool. But don't worry, I'm not tainted yet, I still have the E34 bimmer perspective, and don't intend to get rid of it any tim,e soon or my two E34's.

Test drives are awsome!

Yes, congratulations ED!
    That is good news, enjoy it.
    erased due to slander

Way to go Ed.
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

what an opportunity!! Now your going to have to add a "cars for sale" page and make a commision sitting back and playing on the computer. I dont think you could have found a better job!

PS the server has been pretty decent as of late.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Keep us posted on what rolls in for dealer trade ins - I know that you folks lowball the hell out of cars when they come in. Could represent some unique fixer-upper opporunities.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Great to hear Ed -I bet that will be interesting/fun as well as a great learning experience from a lot of different angles. And, as always, thanks for all of your time and work you put into this board.
    You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

Default That's Awesome!

Way to go Ed!
    -ashley

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed

Test drives are awsome!

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Default Congratulations Ed, on rejoining the "working class"...

...and it is true what they say about Car Salesmen (they need to make a living, they need to feed they're families. they need to pay the mortgage...). It's worked for my brother for 20 years.

You'll love it!

regards
    Phil

p.s. the Board's been working fine lately.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast