GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Info on the dash ?

Default Computer Info on the dash ?

I don't see my computer information on the dash screen in front, however i do see it when i turn my egnition key in the 1st position. all i see on my dash screen is that my fog lights arn't working which i know so i was thinking do i have to fix that problem in order to see my computer info ?

Just replace the light bulbs.
    See my webpage and go to Johan and Sean's page and in case of OBC bulb replacement to e32fixes.com

Quote Originally Posted by ve39
    all i see on my dash screen is that my fog lights arn't working which i know so i was thinking do i have to fix that problem in order to see my computer info ?
    Yup. Same with any error that pops up while driving. It won't go away until you fix the problem.

On UK models you can temporarily clear it by pressing the check control button. It will go away allowing you to display the OBC info as normal, with the two > < bits at the end staying illuminated. The warning returns though when you switch off and again on re-start.

Not sure if US cars are the same, but that's how it worked with mine when I had a dip beam warning (bulb blown). Stry enough I don't think fog lights are monitored on UK models.

heh no to fix my light bulbs on fog lights i have to do a lot couse i smashed them and wiring went bad so there isn o way i can view computer information on the dash wile i have a problem showing up ?

yes as Paul says pushing the cc button on rhs cluster will clear the display but only for that trip Cant you just thave a bulb holder and some bulbs tucked up behind the front apron till you sort new lights.....
    Gone but not forgotten

There are priorities in warning signs, 1,2 and 3.
    Some only come on when you switch off the car, other immy and will come back when you start the car and so on.
    It is all described how to do in the owners manual. Also how to get further messages which cannot be displayed cause you have too many warnings.
    If you do now have the owners manual, download here
    http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

no guys i tryed every thing every button but the computer info doesn't come on just the fog light and some times brake light error i can switch between them

Then just be happy. You have no faults to report at the moment.
    But you can check it easily: just remove the plug from the wash water tank (that is probably the easiest one). Then see if you have a warning low wash water.

may be i didn't explain good i see the problems on my screen what i'm trying to say is that i don't see the onboard computer information on that screen like to view time on the screen where it showes problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast