GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sachs kit pictures.

Default Sachs kit pictures.

This is a set of before and afters. Mainly, this is for anybody thinking about buying a sachs kit and wanting to see how much it lowers the car. At the moment, the springs/shocks have only been on for about a week, so it may settle down a little more. I have about 2-2.5 finger widths in the front and 1 finger width in the rear.

Whole car. Top is before, bottom is after

Front tire. Left is before, Right is after.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    This is a set of before and afters. Mainly, this is for anybody thinking about buying a sachs kit and wanting to see how much it lowers the car. At the moment, the springs/shocks have only been on for about a week, so it may settle down a little more. I have about 2-2.5 finger widths in the front and 1 finger width in the rear...
    Thanks for the comparison shots. It's always good to see the result before you spend your cash!

How does it compare with the original setup?
    Is the ride noticeably harsher... would you say uncomfortable by comparison?
    Of course the standard wheels and tyres will help the ride anyway.

I'm considering whether or not to go with the Sach kit or maybe Eibach's with Konis. I believe the Sach kit uses Boge (Gas pressure?) shocks with Eibach springs - is this correct? I was trying to find out more about Vogtland springs but they don't appear to be available in Australia. The local Koni distributor only lists the Koni Sports shocks (Yellow) for the E34. The standard Koni Reds don't appear to be available. They do a Koni suspension kit with the Koni Sports and Eibachs. I would really prefer to drive an E34 fitted with that combination before I make a descision - Cheers
    Last edited by pundit; 03-05-2005 at 05:40 AM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by pundit
    Thanks for the comparison shots. It's always good to see the result before you spend your cash!

How does it compare with the original setup?
    Is the ride noticeably harsher... would you say uncomfortable by comparison?
    Of course the standard wheels and tyres will help the ride anyway.

I'm considering whether or not to go with the Sach kit or maybe Eibach's with Konis. I believe the Sach kit uses Boge (Gas pressure?) shocks with Eibach springs - is this correct? I was trying to find out more about Vogtland springs but they don't appear to be available in Australia. The local Koni distributor only lists the Koni Sports shocks (Yellow) for the E34. The standard Koni Reds don't appear to be available. They do a Koni suspension kit with the Koni Sports and Eibachs. I would really prefer to drive an E34 fitted with that combination before I make a descision - Cheers
    I think that is lowered just about right, not to low, but sitting on the wheel. I am going to do this same setup, but an unexpected bill reaked havoc on my fund for the minute. Now though, I have heard mixed things about the Boge struts. Oh well, looks great though!

Pundit- Yes Boge shocks with eibach springs. The are supposed to be tuned for each other. The ride is harsher, but by no means harsh. On the freeway, the setup is smooth and comfortable...you feel some bumps, but it isnt jarring. In the city (mind you, San Francisco...pot hole/contruction heaven), it can get pretty rough, but slowing down helps a little (haha, you get to see the guy behind you get pissed off too). If I didn't have to drive around in the city all the time on a daily basis...I probably would have went koni Sport Adjustables with h/r or eibach springs. How the set up handles...I dont really know yet. I havent had the time to put it through any real twisties. I'm still trying to figure out why my car is pulling left.

adamsbomb- Yea. I think is just about perfect. I could probly wish for about .5 inches more...but hoepfully it will settle down a little in the future. I'm curious. What did you hear about the boge struts? I trusted them because they are the OEM manufacturer.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

with those stock 15's the ride is buttery smooth compared to my
    low profile 17's

don't complain and go pass people on the freeway ramps =]

Haha. im defintely not complaining =). I love it really. I can't wait to upgrade my rims.

www.KaRealtySF.com

Nice
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

That is very nice.

How much and where, if you don't mind me asking?
    1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

Quote Originally Posted by adamsbomb
    ...Now though, I have heard mixed things about the Boge struts...
    That's suprising. I haven't found too much criticism concerning Boges on the net. I guess it's what you expect from them. BMW obviously thought highly enough to fit them to their cars (OEM) Of course they have to market a vehicle on the basis of being both comfortable and sporting. Mine still rides nice and from what I've heard the Sach's kit is supposed to be a well tuned combo for an E34 with a good compromise between comfort & handling. Of course if you're going for all out handling, and aren't too concerned about the ride, then there are plenty of other options out there.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
    That is very nice.

How much and where, if you don't mind me asking?

690 shipped from bma for shocks springs and some misc parts. (they just raised their price on it this year too)

www.KaRealtySF.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast