PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the 5 series forum. **Please read this before posting if you're new :)**

bimmerd00d
02-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Welcome to bimmer.info's e34 forum. Just so we can cut down on the common posts we always seem to face from the new guys, head over to www.bmwe34.net and see if you can find an answer over there first. If you can't then make a post and we will definitely try and answer it. This is purely an attempt at cutting down on the repetitive posts. Seems like we have a lot of new people lately and that's great! Good luck and thanks for stopping by.

PS: If there's anything you feel should be added to this, PM me and let me know :)

Paul in NZ
02-26-2005, 01:13 AM
perhaps a post wih the fixes to the big three,lkm,shimmy,flat battery lockout??

pundit
02-26-2005, 03:19 AM
perhaps a post wih the fixes to the big three,lkm,shimmy,flat battery lockout??
Hmmm... while we're at it how about... 'Sword' fan controller, overheating, ZF4HP22 trans problems, erratic fuel gauge... etc. There!! That should have scared all the potential newbies away! ;)

Just kidding - it's all just part of the rich tapestry of being an E34 owner! :D

bimmerd00d
02-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Hmmm... while we're at it how about... 'Sword' fan controller, overheating, ZF4HP22 trans problems, erratic fuel gauge... etc. There!! That should have scared all the potential newbies away! ;)

Just kidding - it's all just part of the rich tapestry of being an E34 owner! :D
All of that is on bmwe34.net, trying to make this as short and sweet as possible. I suppose i could link directly to the bmwe34.net pages individually.

Elekta
02-26-2005, 01:09 PM
How about links to archive threads on things like stereo upgrades too? link to my upgrade (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2379&page=2&pp=10&highlight=upgrade)

bimmerd00d
02-26-2005, 03:39 PM
You guys pick the links you want for these, and I'll insert them into the first post. I will come up with a few more when i get back on sunday :)

632 Regal
02-26-2005, 04:11 PM
wheel shimmy sucks too!

Brandon J
03-01-2005, 03:32 PM
A good FYI about brake pads, rotors, and your decision of which one to choose. Sport or Show? http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7068

Patrick
03-16-2005, 03:18 AM
How 'bout adding "BUY A BENTLEY BMW 5 SERIES MANUAL 1989 THROUGH 1995"? For anyone trying to do their own maintenance, learn more about all the fine German engineering that went into their car, and save a few bucks having one of these is paramount.

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-16-2005, 12:41 PM
But the Bentley manual here and support this forum:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0837603196/crappiefishing/104-7847963-5584761

or other Bimmer books here:
http://www.bimmer.info/bimmerbooks/

granit_silber
03-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Welcome to bimmer.info's e34 forum. Just so we can cut down on the common posts we always seem to face from the new guys, head over to www.bmwe34.net and see if you can find an answer over there first. If you can't then make a post and we will definitely try and answer it. This is purely an attempt at cutting down on the repetitive posts. Seems like we have a lot of new people lately and that's great! Good luck and thanks for stopping by.

PS: If there's anything you feel should be added to this, PM me and let me know :)
What about the BMA discount code that Jeff posted this morning?

-ashley

Scott E
04-01-2005, 11:03 PM
What is that weird noise coming from my dash when I shut the engine off?

632 Regal
04-03-2005, 06:33 PM
The website discount is still valid but the code is "dotinfo" or "DOTINFO".

What about the BMA discount code that Jeff posted this morning?

-ashley

632 Regal
04-03-2005, 09:39 PM
How to tighten stubbern ball joints and stuff...

Use a normal non locking nut to tighten it and then torque it with the locking one.

If this doesn't make sence then you must have your car towed for repairs.

hoffmeister
04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi
I'm newly hooked on bimmers esp the e34. Still in the discovery phase with my 'new' 525i. Hoping to learn more in this great site. Cheers all.

dodgybob
04-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Please can anyone advise on an all-season tyre for 525i?

I currently have Continental Eco Contact; are they sufficient/efficient for regular motorway driving, do you think? Is there another tyre I should consider?

Thanks in anticipation.

mattyb
05-15-2005, 05:40 AM
Please can anyone advise on an all-season tyre for 525i?

I currently have Continental Eco Contact; are they sufficient/efficient for regular motorway driving, do you think? Is there another tyre I should consider?

Thanks in anticipation.
hey bob, i use goodyear eagle f1. they directional and not to pricey, about $200 aussie each. i get about 60 thou out of them and give a hard time.

tibbe
07-23-2005, 02:01 AM
Hi.

Thank's for leeting me in on your forum, though I'm a bit far from TX.
Short: I'm active in the beemer-world ( IBMWR-EuroPrez, web-master of Swedish BMW MC Club 6000 members ) since 15y. Got my second bimmer a -93 520iA Touring last mounth.

bg
Sven-Erik Tiberg.

Been-Jammin
08-28-2005, 02:59 PM

Great site, lots of good information here!

Here's a suggestion;
Adding the link to the seat twist resolution in the FAQ may have saved some time searching on it. I came across it purely by accident while reading a new post. I found a listing of "what will break" and it mentioned seat cables, but no link.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/seatcablesfix.htm

This is a great fix BTW! Was done in minutes!